Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Artifacts of a lost civilization

PSS1963

Eastern Massachusetts, North of Boston . . .

As the glacial ice receeds in this area it has revealed large numbers of strange and wonderful carved stones. These are of the finest grey granite and are many hundreds of pounds each. They lie in repose, rather than erect and are arranged in straight lines with mind-boggling precision - what skill their makers must have had to achieve such a feat. No less amazing is that they are many miles from any quarries that could have produced them. How were they brought here? Perhaps teams of stout men dragged them on rollers and levered them into place - fabulous! Their purpose is as yet uncertain and even their true size unclear as only the top five or six inches of one face protrudes above the surface while the opposite surface is completely buried. A few of them have curious carved archways under which are the entrances to as yet unexplored subterranean chambers - these may have served some ceremonial purpose - perhaps they are the tombs of the dead or contain vast treasures. We are currently working to secure a research grant in order to study the stones more fully, but it has been difficult to convince anybody of their existence.

Our field team snapped this picture of one of the mystery stones - we will keep you abreast of any new developments:

[attachment 309107 mystery_stones_med.jpg]

Excellent! I thoroughly enjoyed that post!
How true of how some of academia views common everyday things around them.
Glad to see that your sense of humor is still intact after a grueling winter.
HH Ed in co.

:rofl::clapping: Definitely a find of Neolithic origin!, quite possibly Pleistoceneologic age even! Easily Predating Otse the ice mummy!

Your post reminds me of a similar discovery by myself and some other young geoliths one sweltering summer day back in the 60's on the east side of Detroit..I remember clearly the event! We surmised, there is no way that a human could have cut and moved these heavy strange granite firmaments unless under some sort of dire gravitational duress, or with the help and guidance of aliens!

We concluded that in the long forgotten past, the Earth made a 90 degree gravitational shift, and what now appeared as 'normal' firmament underfoot, was indeed a ledge carved and installed by our ancestors to traverse the streets!...Those caverns fenced off with heavy cast iron you noticed were of course graineries and domiciles...In order to prove this gravitational shift 'theory', we layed on our backs and imagined what it would be like to navigate the entire block thusly...carefully creeping along, back flat to the asphalt, arms outstretched as if needed for balance, heels on these amazingly narrow granite footpaths, taking great care to not tumble off into obivion and roll across the yards on up to the house!..

At the moment of great insight, defying all odds of the gravity we were emulating, the 'Good Humor' man came around the corner, with no apparent understanding of what a mashed kid would do for his business..or any concern thereof, or any appreciation for our great discovery!...and thusly the 'Great 1966 Detroit East Side expedition of the 90 degree gravitational shift' was concluded and forgotten by all participants, until now!... Bomb pops and eskimo pies were summarily meted out to the successful survivors...I had no idea this shift was global in nature as your picture proves..perhaps a govt funded study is in order? Who knows when this may happen again? A fellow would not want all sorts of people tumbling off the sidewalks into oblivion right? Keep an eye on the nearest hand hold Brothers, just in case..:thumbup:
Mud

mudpuppy said:
:rofl::clapping: Definitely a find of Neolithic origin!, quite possibly Pleistoceneologic age even! Easily Predating Otse the ice mummy!

Your post reminds me of a similar discovery by myself and some other young geoliths one sweltering summer day back in the 60's on the east side of Detroit..I remember clearly the event! We surmised, there is no way that a human could have cut and moved these heavy strange granite firmaments unless under some sort of dire gravitational duress, or with the help and guidance of aliens!

We concluded that in the long forgotten past, the Earth made a 90 degree gravitational shift, and what now appeared as 'normal' firmament underfoot, was indeed a ledge carved and installed by our ancestors to traverse the streets!...Those caverns fenced off with heavy cast iron you noticed were of course graineries and domiciles...In order to prove this gravitational shift 'theory', we layed on our backs and imagined what it would be like to navigate the entire block thusly...carefully creeping along, back flat to the asphalt, arms outstretched as if needed for balance, heels on these amazingly narrow granite footpaths, taking great care to not tumble off into obivion and roll across the yards on up to the house!..

At the moment of great insight, defying all odds of the gravity we were emulating, the 'Good Humor' man came around the corner, with no apparent understanding of what a mashed kid would do for his business..or any concern thereof, or any appreciation for our great discovery!...and thusly the 'Great 1966 Detroit East Side expedition of the 90 degree gravitational shift' was concluded and forgotten by all participants, until now!... Bomb pops and eskimo pies were summarily meted out to the successful survivors...I had no idea this shift was global in nature as your picture proves..perhaps a govt funded study is in order? Who knows when this may happen again? A fellow would not want all sorts of people tumbling off the sidewalks into oblivion right? Keep an eye on the nearest hand hold Brothers, just in case..:thumbup:
Mud

LOL!!!!! I totally love your story and feel that we are kindred spirits despite a few years difference in age. At least I know what a good humor truck is! If you're ever out this way send me a heads up - maybe we could find a place to hunt together for a little while. :beers:

-pete

Ha ha you had me!! Lol.. Took me a few seconds before I realized it was a curb I was looking at. :) So nice to see the snow recede :D

You should "curb" your appetite for anecdotal yarns like these. Obviously you've got too much time on your hands and can't wait to get out and hunt for treasure.

I noticed the top of the "northern" curbs are VERY flat, almost polished with good clean edges. Our southern ones (at least here) are rough cut without any true flat surface anywhere, I see them abandoned around here sometimes when the Waterworks pull them out to do work but toss them aside when done and just pour concrete curbs to complete the job. I have collected a few of them and they make superb natural walkways or benches.

looks like 10.000 years old dating and must have been U,F O help in building it as its just to perfect what an advanced civilization, and i wonder what we could learn from that peacfull people , who obviously loved nature and where of a high order of peace loving beings

You guys are great! Thanks for posting! We had a bad time of it here for about a month - a major snow storm every weekend like clockwork! :surrender: I lived on the heat-pad and Ben-Gay for a while. On one of the North-South highways connecting us with New Hampshire, beneath the sign that said "Welcome to Massachusetts", somebody hung their own sign that read "Closed on Mondays". My stepdaughter missed so much school that she is actually going to school this Saturday to help make it up! :cry:

-pete

This was great fun Pete! Well done!:clapping:

I tell you, its funny the things a guy starts to notice when they start metal detecting...the age of curbs and sidewalks, pulltabs...heck, stuff nobody else cares about or thinks about at all!:rofl: If I ever get over your way, you got a deal! If you ever want to get over here to hunt the massive fresh water gold on Lake Gicheegoomie, holler..:beers:. lots of wrecks to dive, etc..:thumbup:
Mud

"Gicheegoomie" . . .

"Superior, they say, never gives up her dead when the skies of November turn gloomy . . . :super: