Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

As winter fast approaches the Northern States

XLT-user

I envy you Southern and South Western States detectorists. Soon we will have snow, wind, Ice, and just miserable conditions.
Keep us posted with your finds and great detecting experiences. We all will be looking over this great forum trying to keep the fires alive for detecting.
Anything you share will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, and remember no matter how little you find it will sound wonderful to us.

I hear ya'. I'm up here in RI and it's still 60

Nov, 16. 33 degrees. Southwestern Ohio. Woke up today and looked out my winder. OH No, it's snow! Well it had to come. Just a little, instead of a gray car, I have a white one. And white spots on the ground. Probably be gone by noon.

Snow on the ground in southern Michigan, temps in the high 20's. I hate this weather. Headed to Tennessee in about 10 days to do some real md'ing. Can't wait to get out of here.

Hey Guys
I've had my new ace 250 for 4 days now and haven't had a chance to really even try it out.I was planning on taking my last vacation tommorrow and spend all day MD But the Low in the morning is suppose to be 22-24 & and a high in the lo 40's.Today it was a high of 38.Now I'm in Ga and We're not used to this kind of cold weather.If y'all are going to send us cold air send some snow with it.We don't get to see it very often.If it does snow down here it's gone within a few days.pat

It was like that up here in Providence,RI. WHen I started at around 9am it was 32

It's supposed to go down to 22 tonight and high tomorrow of 40. For the next ten days not to go past 47 degrees. I remember a few years ago,:wiggle: Thanksgiving we just wore tee shirts. Sure would be nice:bounty:

Here in CT, it's been rather cold the past couple of days, but sunny w/beautiful skys....I leave for a 10 vacation to NC, to visit my Dad on Sunday. We just spoke on the phone and he said it's supposed to be in the 20's tonight down there. Thats really cold for them, I just hope it warms back up for my visit some....LOL

We'll be hitting the 20's tonight too.

In Calgary it snowed a few weeks ago and melted a few days later. Monday it snowed again and has gotten down to the mid 20s. Not much daytime melting today.

My XT-70 has been kaput since August so it as not been a happy hunting this fall for me and its over now for this year.

I expect my machine back in a few days.

HH to those in the south.

It was 15 deg.F last night, that is a record low for here. The ground has been covered since Monday and is as hard as a rock. But I ain't puttin my MD'er away. Happy Hunting!!!

I hear ya.... I feel the same way when summer approaches here in the desert. I pretty much shut down after June and don't venture out till late September, unless it's a park on the other side of the mountains (L.A. area) or the beach. Hey, I'm in prime huntin' season now here. :super:

XLT-user said:
Just teasing buddy..you should thaw out again right.

There is a lot of winter that the ground is soft. We are just in a bad cold snap now. I have got to MD even if it is in the snow. In a week and a half I will be in NC.

I went to "wally world" (Wal-mart) today and bought a set of coveralls so I can still go for awhile longer. I not go when the ground starts freezing or when it stays under 40degrees. This coming Sunday, it's supposed to get up to 48. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Only thing i worry about is my feet and hands. Anyone ever try to electrical gloves/socks combo. i remember seeing those years ago. There made like an electric blanket and a small watch battery supplies the heat. All I have now is sneakers and when I went out quickly for an hour Wed my feet got cold pretty quickly. I need something like a hikers boot but insulated. Gloves is especially obviously as we are using them all the time detecting. Anyone have any good suggestions. I know surgical gloves work well because I clean with them. I tried wearing a pair of surgical gloves underneath your my regular gloves one time and it made a big difference.

king-ghidorah - go to a army-navy store or military surplus and get yourself a pair of Desert Storm army boots. they are the best I have ever had at keeping your feet warm. I paid $15 for a slightly used pair. Worth it!