Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Asking for Prayers

Confetrit

I got a text today on my phone that I had to read two of three times in order for it to sink in. Our dentist's group sadly reported that our dentist had passed. This was hard to believe for he is about 40 years old. My first thought was that he must have been involved in some sort of tragic accident. This would have been tragic enough. We later learned that he took his own life. This young dentist was one of the happiest, most upbeat people I have ever known. The whole time that you would be in his office, he would be laughing, cutting up with either the patients or the staff, or both. He would be the very last person that one would think capable of suicide. We learned that he and his wife who were childhood sweethearts since middle school are going through a divorce. They have a precious 2 year old daughter. One never really knows what goes through the minds of folks during hard times. He was not only a good dentist, but a great guy. He will be missed. Please keep him and his family in your prayers during this difficult time. My wife really took the news hard, as she knew the Dr. since he was a little boy.

I got a text today on my phone that I had to read two of three times in order for it to sink in. Our dentist's group sadly reported that our dentist had passed. This was hard to believe for he is about 40 years old. My first thought was that he must have been involved in some sort of tragic accident. This would have been tragic enough. We later learned that he took his own life. This young dentist was one of the happiest, most upbeat people I have ever known. The whole time that you would be in his office, he would be laughing, cutting up with either the patients or the staff, or both. He would be the very last person that one would think capable of suicide. We learned that he and his wife who were childhood sweethearts since middle school are going through a divorce. They have a precious 2 year old daughter. One never really knows what goes through the minds of folks during hard times. He was not only a good dentist, but a great guy. He will be missed. Please keep him and his family in your prayers during this difficult time. My wife really took the news hard, as she knew the Dr. since he was a little boy.
🙏

Unfortunately there were probably signs that depression was growing. Almost every suicide I investigated eventually revealed odd statements, an act of not caring or lack of normal energy with family or hobbies etc. So many times people noticed something but failed to say anything and unfortunately tragedy happens. If you notice something then say something, getting involved could save save a life.
I hope he rests in peace

:cry2:

Very tragic at such a young age. I remember reading many years ago, suicide is high in the dental profession. Not sure why. I guess no one like going to the dentist.
Hopefully he's at peace now. Prayers for his wire and child.

Hopefully, depending on his faith he is "absent from the body and present with the Lord". Just so you (or others) know, suicide IS NOT 'the unforgivable sin'. To deny the power of the Holy Spirit is. May God bless his wife, daughter, friends, family and office staff 🙏.

Hopefully, depending on his faith he is "absent from the body and present with the Lord". Just so you (or others) know, suicide IS NOT 'the unforgivable sin'. To deny the power of the Holy Spirit is. May God bless his wife, daughter, friends, family and office staff 🙏.
Ya know: I, myself; have seen AND EXPERIENCED) the Holy Spirit at work. There is SOOOO MUCH evidence of it surrounding us: In nature, in everyone's lives, in the Gifts Father and Son give us. My earthly father brought the love of music into our household, and my sister taught me the basics on guitar almost 60 years ago- but, it was Our Heavenly Father that taught me to play these wonder Gospel, Praise and Worship songs with me having ZERO knowledge of reading music and ZERO knowledge of music theory.............Father God's Holy Spirit guides my hands..........
I am at a complete loss of ANYONE denying the power of the Holy Spirit, but I experienced it: A life long 'drinking buddy' of mine that I grew up with rejected God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, (and me), when I accepted Jesus and turned my back on alcohol abuse in 1998.
I was SURE he was going to accept Jesus right along with me, but it was not meant to be. I think about Dean often.........
Just before he died suddenly in late December of 2019, he posted a public diatribe on Facebook denouncing Father and Son, and anyone having anything to do with them, it was directed at me. Shortly before Christmas he was found dead on the floor, he made it 8 months past his 65th birthday..........
Yes, his decisions affected me deeply, but: in the end, I do realize it WAS HIS DECISION. Peace to all. amen.

So sad I wonder if he knew the LORD?

I believe that he was Christian. We had heard that the family had released a statement saying that he had battled off and on with depression most of his adult life, but you would have never known it. He hid it well.

Could you explain that.

Could you explain that.
The expression absent from the body refers to physical death. When this life ends, believers will be immediately ushered into the glorious presence of the Lord. Then we will see Him face to face ( 1 Corinthians 13:12 ). And, at that moment, we will be "present with the Lord." Source - gotquestions.org

Example - The repentant thief on the cross, adjacent to his Lord and savior who was gloriously saved by Jesus saying..."Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:43) Source - openthebible.org

If you are curious, I admit...the above are Protestant beliefs of which I am a follower and yes, a sinner saved by His grace and my faith in Him alone.
Finally - Ephesians 2:8-9 - For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast

Hope and pray that satisfies your question!

Edited to add - Just realized your query may have been relative to "suicide" not being the unforgivable sin. The "unpardonable sin" is denial of the power of the Holy Spirit, for it is He who imparts saving faith onto willing/believing souls. If one denies Him of that ability or act through disbelief, he/she is lost.

"Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come." (Matt. 12:31–32)

Last edited:
The expression absent from the body refers to physical death. When this life ends, believers will be immediately ushered into the glorious presence of the Lord. Then we will see Him face to face ( 1 Corinthians 13:12 ). And, at that moment, we will be "present with the Lord." Source - gotquestions.org

Example - The repentant thief on the cross, adjacent to his Lord and savior who was gloriously saved by Jesus saying..."Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:43) Source - openthebible.org

If you are curious, I admit...the above are Protestant beliefs of which I am a follower and yes, a sinner saved by His grace and my faith in Him alone.
Finally - Ephesians 2:8-9 - For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast

Hope and pray that satisfies your question!

Edited to add - Just realized your query may have been relative to "suicide" not being the unforgivable sin. The "unpardonable sin" is denial of the power of the Holy Spirit, for it is He who imparts saving faith onto willing/believing souls. If one denies Him of that ability or act through disbelief, he/she is lost.

"Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come." (Matt. 12:31–32)
What would be blasphemy of the spirit ?

What would be blasphemy of the spirit ?
Denying His existence...that He does not exist and is incapable of doing God's will. Non-believers fall into that category.

I believe that he was Christian. We had heard that the family had released a statement saying that he had battled off and on with depression most of his adult life, but you would have never known it. He hid it well.
I was there once in my younger days due to lots of back-stabbing at work I tried to hide it.I was working in a place where employees had a" Mafia" stealing thousands of dollars from the company.The top supervisors were all in it , so if you refused to join their game they would stab you in the back! It took a long time to get a transfer ,by this time hundred of thousands 0f $$$ were gone. The Departments heads knew and did nothing :rolleyes: .

I was there once in my younger days due to lots of back-stabbing at work I tried to hide it.I was working in a place where employees had a" Mafia" stealing thousands of dollars from the company.The top supervisors were all in it , so if you refused to join their game they would stab you in the back! It took a long time to get a transfer ,by this time hundred of thousands 0f $$$ were gone. The Departments heads knew and did nothing :rolleyes: .
Wow, this would have been a bit like the movie Serpico. A true story. Sorry you had to go through this.