Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

At first sight this will seem like a really dumb question----BUT

Bob (OHIO)

Does anyone know where,in the Cincinnati area,I can find one of the new White's TDI detectors,to buy???New ,in the box. Bob

Find the Whites website where they should have a list of dealers and a good map for locating them!!

GL&HH Friend,

Cupajo

Hi,

Contact your nearest dealer. If you do not know who that is use the dealer seasrch on the White's website.

Your dealer may not know what a TDI is, and may not be able to get one.

White's has only mentioned the TDI on one page of one flyer sent out and so some dealers may have missed it, especially if they are not into pulse induction detecting themselves. If a dealer has not had any prior experience with these types units White's may actually want to get them trained first before allowing them to sell the units. The fear is of them being sold as some kind of new coin detector. Yes, the TDI can find coins, but not in any way that any casual type coin hunter would take to. It is intended more for hardcore detectorists who simply are not able to get goods with the more common detectors available today.

The unit is not yet in full production and since it is intended primarily as a nugget/beach/relic detector the first units went out to dealers who tended to sell more of those types of detectors. Especially any dealers with prior pulse induction experience. As far as I know the initial 200 units have been built and distributed and the unit will not begin rolling off the production line in quantity until late August or early September. There are still a few new units floating around but they are very hard to get. I just got a new unit last week but it was long since pre-sold before I got it. I have no idea when I might get another, and it is already sold. As is the one after that...

Steve Herschbach

and found a couple more dealers in the general area.I guess I can be classed as one of the HARD CORE you refered to(since 1964).I do it all except water hunting.I was hoping to get my hands on one so I could get in some swing time before my trip in Oct. to Nevada.Should be cool enough by then.I have the White's GMT and wanted the TDI as back-up/main machine. Bob :shrug::twodetecting::usan:

Hi Bob,

Yup, you sound like a TDI Guy! I think it favors people who have been at it awhile. Like, back to when thee was no such thing as discrimination, and you had to hunt by ear. The people used to metered target id type detecting may have a harder time liking the unit.

Hopefully you can track one down. A few seem to be on dealer shelves in areas where it is too hot to hunt. Never been an issue for me here in Alaska!

Steve Herschbach

I even made it to your store and still have one of the hats I bought.Stayed at that little motel across the road from the airfield. Bob