Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Gold Big Coil

Looking for some advice regarding the best Nel or Cors coil to buy for the AT Gold. I need a bigger coil than the stock coil that will work well in mineralized ground. The 5x8 is already pretty deep, but I'm trying to add a few inches with more ground coverage. Thanks in advance.

What about the standard 9" X 12" or the 8.5" x 11" DD coil from Garrett?

If you go to the heavier Nel coils are you going to upgrade your shaft too?

I'm using a CORS scout coil on my AT Gold and love it. Not as heavy as most NEL/CORS coils and goes deeper than what Garrett offers. Good separation for it's size and it pinpoints easily using the wiggle method.

Thanks for the info on the Scout. I was considering that one or the one slightly bigger, but in bad ground that'll probably be the perfect combination of size and depth.

Have had great luck with my Nel Tornado on the AT Gold. It is my go to coil and very rarely comes off. Also use the Nel Big coil if wanting to cover more ground.

I have used both the 8.5 x 11 DD coil and the 9 x 12 Concentric coils on my AT Gold and they will easily reach 11 or 12 inches down and that's in highly mineralized soil.

They will probably reach another inch or two in more neutral soil.