Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT gold depth compared to AT pro ( coin hunting ) ?

ohiochris

How is the depth of the gold when coin hunting , compared to the pro ? This may have been asked already but I have not seen it. Al I have read so far is that the gold works well for coin hunting but I have not seen yet whether you sacrifice any depth , compared to the pro. This is my situation ,......I do mostly coin hunting and I like the AT pro ,.......but I like the full time all metal and threshold controls the gold has in case I want to do a little prospecting with it ,.....but if the gold would limit my abilities hunting for coins either with less depth or some other function "significantly" , then I would be better off scrapping the prospecting idea so I have better functionality on coins. I guess what I am asking is how extreme or significant is the difference between the two machines when used for coinshooting ?

I find the is plenty deep on coins, just a deep or deeper then the ATPro and that is with the smaller stock coil ( 5X8 ). Water hunting with mine finding i have to take todeep scoops to find the old silver and indainheads. They are both excellent coin hunters.

My AT Gold out preforms the AT Pro that I had. Areas that I has searched with the AT Pro have yielded a bonanza with my AT Gold. In fairness though I have to admit that my AT Pro had problems before it was repaired and upgraded.