Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Gold find any small nuggets

outdoors

has anyone found any small pieces of gold (not jewelry) with the AT Gold while out hunting for them?

I did some test with a couple gold nuggets out in the spot where I gold pan.....I used the atgold, the nuggets are maybe the size of a kernel of corn flattened out a bit. I got good results in normal and discrimination, up to around 3 or 4 inches away at most in the ground, I was using 5x8 coil. I would imagine it would have a hard time finding a little picker more then and inch or 2 away, unless you had headphones and cranked the threshold, I did not try that. The gold bug 2 didn't fair much better in distance allthough it gave a much better loud sound.

It's ok if not in highly mineralized soil with rapidly changing minerals. Lots of hot rock signals if highly mineralized.

I've heard several reports about the AT Gold working well in Arizona. Chris Gholson did a review in Lost Treasure Magazine. He said he was impressed with the performance and quality. He also said he found targets that were so small he had trouble isolating them in his hand. He said it handled the hot rocks. Anyone who uses one knows it will pick up the salt on your hand. I take a small pinch and just get my fingertips near the coil to check for the target. Anyone interested should watch the instructional videos on the Garrett website. The one that shows the Ground Balance Window is a good one. No other detector has that feature for working hot patches. Same for the Iron Audio in All Metal, no other machine has this.