Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

at gold headphones

PostalTwo

Hello folks. I recently bought an at gold, I have about 50 hrs on it so far and I really like it. I was just wondering if it's worth it to upgrade the headphones to quality ones,if so which ones would u recommend? If u have upgraded what differences did u notice? Thanks

For me quality phones appear to have a crisper, just a smoother tone and pick up those deeper whispers better. There are several good quality head phones out there and over the years I have tried many. For a number of years now I've been using Gray Ghost and Black Widow. I really like the tone a bit better of the Black Widow, but the Gray Ghost fit my ears better and are a little more slim line. I think you would see a pretty good difference if you were able to compare various models and price points. HH jim tn

Thanks for your response. I don't have the luxury of testing several I gotta rely on others experiences to decide. As far as cost goes there really is no limit I'd be willing to spend 200 or more if it's worth it. Thanks again cheers

PostalTwo said:
Thanks for your response. I don't have the luxury of testing several I gotta rely on others experiences to decide. As far as cost goes there really is no limit I'd be willing to spend 200 or more if it's worth it. Thanks again cheers

You shouldn't have to spend that kind of money on headphones. Check out the Koss QZ-99 headphones. They are excellent, and won't break the bank. The are great at blocking outside noise, and have very high ratings with regards to the specs needed for a metal detector. I've been using them for almost 20 years, and see no reason to buy any others, plus they have a lifetime warranty.

Gray Ghost is what I use on mine and they sound great!!

HighPlainsHunter said:
PostalTwo said:

You shouldn't have to spend that kind of money on headphones. Check out the Koss QZ-99 headphones. They are excellent, and won't break the bank. The are great at blocking outside noise, and have very high ratings with regards to the specs needed for a metal detector. I've been using them for almost 20 years, and see no reason to buy any others, Iplus they have a lifetime warranty.
I appreciate ur input ty I will look into the Koss qz99's

Grey Ghost DMC

I use the Grey Ghost Originals with my ATPro and love them.

Gray Ghost Amphibian Headphones there water proof & have great audio ..:thumbup:

I second the Koss QZ99 headphones. Good headphones that will not break the bank plus a lifetime warranty if ANYTHING breaks. I also have some Gray Ghost land headphones and they are nice also but their lifetime warranty only covers some things. I just got a pair of Gray Ghost Amphibians. They sound good and you can use them in and out of the water. They will probable become my regular use headphones for the AT Pro as I will not have to swap from land to waterproof headphones when I hit the lakes.

liondogs said:
I second the Koss QZ99 headphones. Good headphones that will not break the bank plus a lifetime warranty if ANYTHING breaks. I also have some Gray Ghost land headphones and they are nice also but their lifetime warranty only covers some things. I just got a pair of Gray Ghost Amphibians. They sound good and you can use them in and out of the water. They will probable become my regular use headphones for the AT Pro as I will not have to swap from land to waterproof headphones when I hit the lakes.

so in your opinion do the gg land phones sound the same as the amohibians? Does one sound better than the other?