Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Gold hunt in all metal

This was at a small area by an old church. Have found IH's, old wheats, mercs, and a cut seated dime. Have hunted the area many times. There is some iron trash in it.

I hunted in all metal with iron audio on and disc at 31. The lead piece was 12" deep with iron on top. Kept getting a good signal with higher numbers and iron tones. After the lead was out there was iron below it.

Here's my finds. Nothing good but I was surprised to find that much. Have to go slow and it is bit noisy.

I've decided to keep this detector and get a larger coil for it. Should be great in the water in all metal.

Rick

That's the reason I got the AT Gold. The all metal mode with the iron audio. The iron audio in all metal is a hard thing to do and Garrett did it with true all metal. I hope the new Garret has this. Maybe with even better iron audio in all metal. I thought all metal with iron audio on was impossible to hunt in iron trash but I was wrong. You need to be patient hunting that way but it can be done.

Some targets sounded shallow but all were deep.

Rick

Especially creeks and rivers, all metal hits on rocks and creates way to much noise.

The AT Gold in all metal in my dirt hits nicely on my 9" and 10" dimes. Unfortunately there is no id. I gave up on on land hunting in all metal but will be hunting in all metal in the water.

Rick