Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT GOLD in salt water... any good??

norbyx

I am considering buying a AT Gold as a multiple purpose machine, and I know it does OK on coins, just wodering, since it has a ground balance compleately different than the AT Pro will this machine actually be able to ground balance in salt water beach? and I mean IN the water, not like on the dry sand.

NO.... if you want an all purpose machine get the AT PRO

AT Gold, will not run on wet salt water sand or in salt water. AT Pro does ok.

BCOOP

I have both AT PRO & GOLD. I only use the Gold for relic hunting in high materialized ground. I use my PRO for water, coin, and relic hunting in good ground. Gold never gets in the salt water, I think it's to sensitive for that. JMO

I took my atg on the wet sand ocean water beach. It was scratchy sounding but I dropped some things I was finding to test and they popped loud enough over the static frequency sound. I'd love to take it in the salt water but it says not to. Try testing it. Found lots of coins and caps my first time out but 50 cents an hour isn't what I'm after.