Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT gold in salt water??

rogue

I was about to drop the hammer on an at gold when I started reading posts that they were no good on the salt beaches....Can any atg owners confirm or deny that claim please...kind of popped my bubble..thanks

That is correct. The AT Gold is setup for finding gold and the sensitivity is to much for salt water. I have taking mine on dry sand of salt water beaches and it does ok, but as you get to the wet sand it flips out. If you look at the AT Pro, I believe it is good for salt water beaches, but not sure if it can go in the salt water.

Both are amazing detectors. I love my AT Gold even if I can't hit salty wet sand!!!

Jason

Thank you for the info jason...I had an at pro and sold it...it was a good machine...I am interested in the all metal and the threshold as most of my hunting is for relics. I wanted this for my girlfriend and for a backup for me..just wish it would have worked on the beach...

I have both and the AT Gold is no good for salt water. I use my AT PRO in some salt water areas, but there are other salt water areas where it won't do good. I have to turn the Sens down to 2 and still falses a lot. It all depends on the area. I can say where I can get it in the water it is a killer on small gold!!!!

rogue said:
I was about to drop the hammer on an at gold when I started reading posts that they were no good on the salt beaches....Can any atg owners confirm or deny that claim please...kind of popped my bubble..thanks

I would recommend you contact Garrett themselves. Drop a line to Rusty Curry in Customer Service. He gave me the straight facts from Garrett.