Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

At Gold modes?

Mick in Dubbo

I've been trying to find what is notched out on the different modes on the AT Gold. There doesn't seem to be any information on the Garrett website or it's agents. Is there someone out there that can tell me what is notched out on the 3 different modes?
Thanks.
Mick Evans.

There are several instructional videos at the Garrett website that explain everything. Or you can look at the manual.

Thanks.
I downloaded the the instruction manual and found the info. I thought I saw something in advertising material at some point.
Mick Evans.

What you see is that while the AT Gold is not a dedicated coin machine it still works great for coins, even better than many coin machines.I use DISC 1 unless it is very trashy. And when low trash I use All Metal which is even deeper. The high tone for coins just makes it perfect for seperating coins from trash. The target seperation of the double D coil is excellent and the recovery speed is faster than you can blink. And it's deep even on silver coins even in DISC mode. And it finds tiny targets. And I like the one-handed operation with the push buttons. And the ground balance is high performance. And the hi-res iron discrimination is good. And the iron audio is just near perfect for spotting bottlecaps and nails or any iron. And battery life is very good. I'm sure I missed a few more things.

Hi Mick,
give me a call if you can. I have just returned from the "Goanna Muster" held by Bob & Judy at Goanna Gold Detectors. I recently sold my old favourite on FEEBAY to pay for some car repairs & am now looking for a new detector. I was able to test the AT Gold on our Aust coins & found them OK in the all metal mode. Forget the Disc 1 & 2 setting on our coins though. Very scratchy signals on them.
Regards,
Gary.

It's true bottlecaps andsome foil give broken signals in DISC mode, even some can slaw. You can always switch back to All Metal to give a second check. It's not that many targets that act this way but there are a few.

I will admit the DISC mode gave me scratchy signals when working in wet mineralized sand. I don't know hwat was in it, --maybe fertilizer salts--because the coins were so pitted I could hardly recognize them. The All Metal mode I dug coins at 12 inches deep.