Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Gold people,,what is your factory re-set GB number,,,

BJ in Okla.

People with the AT Gold units,,,
please do a factory re-set and then tell me what your ground balance number is.....

My unit shows 75,,and the factory said it should be 80,, like on the AT pro's
I have 2 AT pro's and that's what they show....
Thanks......BJ

If you don't want to post your factory GB number , just PM it to me...
I just want to know if I am the only one with this problem.....

I have done 5 factory re-sets and it comes up 75 every time,, but that's not the problem,,,
when I do the auto GB,,,it comes up 36,,,even when I do it manually...
Now in the same clean spot,, my other 2- AT pros factory GB is 80 and they GB
at 81,, so, something is not right with my new AT Gold.....
It ID's targets ok,, but is jumpy on a nickel,,52, 53,54,,, and a solid 53 on my 2 other AT pros...
I will hunt with the new AT Gold tomorrow and check it on the same target with my AT pro....
And Monday,, I will be calling Garrett and talking to Adam again......
BJ

mine is 75 also bought mine in December of 2011

Be aware the gb window width on the at gold is adjustable, on the pro it isn't(although both have adj gb) and this could cause them not to give the same # depending where the at gold window is set(what width)-- just my opinion.

Ralph,,,,I thought of that,,,,but Zero to 6 made No Difference.....on the GB number of 36....

If 80 is the factory GB number on the AT Pro and I got a 81 on my Clean spot,,,,and
if 75 is the factory GB number on the AT Gold,,, then on the same clean spot, should the GB number have been more like 76 ??
My AT Gold ground balanced at 36 on the same clean spot.....
I ground balanced both ways,,Auto and manual,,,still got 36....
So if I GB my AT Pro in soil that the GB number is 45 or lower,,, Then would the AT Gold run out of numbers at Zero to GB ???
BJ

Thanks Everyone,,
Well after a few hours of hunting,,,I put the AT Gold up,,,it has problems....
The first place that I did the GB at,, clean ground,
AT Pro was 79
AT Gold was 26,,,AM & disc 1......
both units with the 5x8 coils and sens at max.
iron disc was at 35 and iron audio on ...
I thought, well, I will hunt and see what happens....
Several times in PP mode,the Gold would loose the target,,just like it tuned the target out...
Then on a 8" to 10" hole,,it would give a faint high tone with numbers in the 90's,
my friend checked the hole with his E-Trac and in quick mask,,,like AM,,,and he got nothing....
The numbers started falling off,,,the last target,, was a 76, then the next sweep was 73,then 68 and then 62,,,
it was like it was tuning it out.....
And in another clean spot I got a GB of 12....
Got back to the car,,,got my AT Pro and in a clean spot,, got a GB number of 68
same spot with the Gold was 00,,,
I changed the coils and got the same numbers again,,,
the GB window of 0 and 2,, gave the same numbers...
So I will be calling Garrett Monday
I am glad this happened to me and not some one new to hunting....
In my 20 + years of hunting,, I have learned a few things....
Thanks for your help..
BJ

If you want nickels dig everytime you hit a 52 VDI whether its solid or jumpy. If you see a 52 you see a nickel.