Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Gold Question

jimmy jam

Has anyone used the AT Gold for salt water beach hunting, and is there any tips for doing so?

I did a few years ago, its very noisy and not worth it, rechecking false signals constantly. . This was on a NJ ocean beach.
I also tried the AT pro there and it was much quieter but I didn't get a lot of depth out of it there in the wet salt sand.

I have one that i use at the beach in DRY sand. I just got it a few months back. I am still learning the machine. Have only been to the beach a few times. (It's in another town). Am going again this next week!

I've used mine on the beach several times with good results. It's really not an ideal machine for the beach ( I'm saving up for a dedicated beach hunter) but it can be done. I use all metal mode with sensitivity around the halfway mark, ground balance on dry sand and use headphones to hear everything. I usually only use it on low tides and try to stay out of the waves just to keep it quieter. It will be noisier than on dry ground and the VDI numbers will be more erratic but you will be surprised how deep the ATG goes in all metal mode. With my scout coil and the above settings, I found 2 half dollars in wet sand last time I tried the beach. Each were at least a foot down and one ended up being a worn 1918 Walker. Good luck!

[1/2 sensitivity and your ge5ting
12" down? What area are you hunting in....states or someplace else?
Thats incredible!
Thank you
Neil
quote=cruiserkev]
I've used mine on the beach several times with good results. It's really not an ideal machine for the beach ( I'm saving up for a dedicated beach hunter) but it can be done. I use all metal mode with sensitivity around the halfway mark, ground balance on dry sand and use headphones to hear everything. I usually only use it on low tides and try to stay out of the waves just to keep it quieter. It will be noisier than on dry ground and the VDI numbers will be more erratic but you will be surprised how deep the ATG goes in all metal mode. With my scout coil and the above settings, I found 2 half dollars in wet sand last time I tried the beach. Each were at least a foot down and one ended up being a worn 1918 Walker. Good luck![/quote]

Yep, I hunt beaches and land all over Washington state. Contrary to popular belief, sensitivity does not always equal depth. All metal mode plus a larger than stock coil on the ATG goes pretty deep even at lower sensitivity. HH!