Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Gold straight shaft??

au79

I am expecting delivery of an AT Gold tomorrow. I am not a big fan of S-shafts. Can the control housing from the Gold be mounted to a straight shaft?

Ray

{If you dig it out pack it back in}

Plugger is making a straight shaft setup for the AT. I know Indian Nations Detectors is carrying them. I've been interested but have several things on my list before I can spring for one!

thanks Sailorman - would you know if I would have to make mods to the straight shaft - the housing for the ATG is so low profile would I have to shim it up or elevate the box somehow? Any help would be great

Ray

I think the housing on both AT's is pretty much the same. They don't show any shims or adapters in the pictures on the site. I'd contact Indian Nations Detectors. Good guy there and he could answer any questions I'm sure. They also have pictures of the setup there.

ok, good - I'll check out that site - thanks a bunch

Ray

Ok Sailorman I found the site and I'm impressed. Need to call and talk about it.

http://www.indiannationsdetectors.com/atrod.html

Decided to post the link in case others want to look. It looks like a rugged beauty!

Ray

[If you dig it out pack it back in]

Hey, if you get one tell the rest of us how you like it!

I'll let you know in the thread

I've got one and it's serviceable. My only complaint about it is the put a cold bend in the handgrip where it bends to go to the control unit mount and it looks kinda tacky. A new Whites carbon fiber lower shaft comes with it and that's nice. The handgrip on it is adjustable so you can fit it to your arm nicely. The biggest problem with using a straight shaft on the ATP or ATG is the coil cable is so short. You will want to tape the cable to the shaft to make sure you don't get any strain on it in the water. I use Mighty Tape, works great!! Anderson is advertising a straight shaft "Coming soon" but it's been coming since the ATP came out and has yet to arrive.
[attachment 235593 0atpgear.jpg]

Hi BigCatDaddy - Thanks for the info. Received my ATG and am talking to Plugger about the straight shafts performance. He said:

"I have had my AT Pro mounted on the custom straight rod for over a year now and it works great. It is rugged and solid. I put my demo AT Gold on the straight rod yesterday and hunted with it. The handle is adjustable and comes with a hex wrench so that you can move it to attain the best comfort in relationship with the arm cuff. i have had my Excal II mounted on a two piece rod for a couple of years, both the rod and the handle has been trouble free. These are the finest quality rods out there".

I swung my ATG (I am sooooo impressed - it's deep, great target separation, and lightening fast recovery speed - Wow!!!) for about 3 hrs. last evening and got the same symptoms as I do with all other S shafts - a bad Carpal Tunnel feeling and a bit of numb feeling in my hand. The S just does not get the right angle for me sooooo I'll be switching as soon as I feel confident this straight shaft is going to work and I think it will.

One thing I see in the photo you uploaded is the angle on the control housing looks a bit off-set. Is it?? That would work even better for viewing with a better inline view of the screen - I was hoping to off - set mine a bit to cut down on glare. Is yours really off-set or is that an illusion?

I was glad to see this thread because I've been getting a little tennis elbow from the S shaft. I may have to look into one of these straight shafts - way to go Indian Nations!

I have my Excall on a straight shaft and can hunt for hours with no pain in my elbow. 2-3 hours with my ATG and the S shaft and I've got a little pain in the elbow and it lasts all week - Ouch.

It's funny what a small difference in the handle angle can make

Check out Anderson Shafts . SHould to be out shortly .. really nice straight Shaft.. Pete Anderson is a great guy to deal with...

i have an Anderson straight shaft for my Infinium. Very nice and rugged but it looks like Plugger was on the ball with this. You can't buy what's not on the market........yet