Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Gold

Despite some of my negative comments in the last few weeks, I am going to sell my AT Pro and get on the order list for a new AT Gold. The AT Pro is pretty good and the AT gold has a number of features that can only make it a much better detector. Yes, I am kind of ticked about all of the problems and frustration that all of us have had, but I want to put it behind me.

In years past, I have spent quite a bit of time prospecting for Gold around Dalonega Georgia, the Greenville South Carolina area and the BlackHills. For those that have not experienced prospecting, please understand that one does not often find large nuggets and gold laced pieces of Quartz like we are seeing in the Garrett pictures. They do exist but it is certainly not a common thing to find anymore. What you normally find is very small fragments normally smaller then a grain of rice. I have air tested this size media and the AT Pro does not even see it so don't be surprised if finding natural gold even in a tailing pile is rather difficult if not impossible.

Garrett is obviously moving ahead with bigger and better things and that new AT Gold detector is obviously a great first step.

Ray

Ray glad to here you are going to give it a try. Hope it turns out great for you. I will not be using mine to hunt gold in it's natural form. Jewelry and relics will be my main hunting with it. If you don't like the ATpro or don't have faith in it sell it that is what I would do. This is about having fun if it is not fun why do it. I have tried many detectors only a few I keep for more than a year or so. Still have a few I have had for years. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Jason

I am not specifically using mine for Natural gold either. I had an old Whites years ago that I really liked and it spoiled me. When I got my AT Pro, it never really worked correctly until I sent it back for the upgrade. I just want a new toy!

Ray