Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Max better Relic detector or Coin detector

RICK IN KY

I hunt mostly open fields and woods,I deal with a lot
of small iron,don't mind digging big iron but was wondering
What it's best at,looks like a well built detector that should
Hold up to all conditions.

I use my Max for coins and relics. Recently pulled an 1842 dime at 8" and then a 3 ringer a few inches away. It's a versatile machine. Deep, easy to use and quiet. Used the 6x8 coil.

For the AT MAX I am going to side on the "relic" side of best operation. The AT Max has better gain, better sensitivity and better depth in various types of soils. It incorporates the true all metal mode, with a probable ID notch on the fly. It is more sensitive to iron, again, a feature geared more towards relic hunting. Those same features allow it to be used as an excellent water machine too. It is also a nice coin hunter, to get those deeper coins.

The AT Gold has the highest operating frequency of 18 kHz, most efficient for small gold nuggets. It also has the "ground balance window" which allows the machine to operate in a variety of ground conditions, so it does not have to be constantly ground-balanced for compensation. The AT Gold also utilizes the true all metal mode for best depth and sensitivity. The manual states that the AT Gold is not recommended for salt water usage.

The AT Pro has the most balanced utilization of tones, including the iron audio. It lacks the true all metal mode, for depth, but is the best machine for those who prefer to hunt using mostly tones, making it a great choice for coins, jewelry, relic hunting and water hunting.

All the AT Series have various coils both DD and concentric in different sizes to help focus in personal target type, depth, target separation and ground conditions. All the coils can be used on any AT Series detector.