Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT MAX FINDS GOLD......LONG POST

FATMAX

First, allow me to introduce myself. I am from upstate NY and started out detecting about 10 years ago with the ACE 250 & later I upgraded to the AT PRO. I joined this forum years ago under the name TWOCENT but lost my password so for years I have just followed the posts, but after purchasing the AT MAX from Kellyco in May I decided to rejoin under a new name... hence now I am FATMAX.
I received my AT MAX yesterday and took it out in my farmhouse front yard just before dark. A bit of history about my yard, my brothers and I were always working on our cars and the farm machinery and I am sure previous owners did the same because there is alot of iron targets in the ground

I hit the post button by accident & I tried to edit but went past time limit.
The rest of my post:

I have been over my yard hundreds of times over the years and the last few years my AT PRO and I have been pretty much cleaning up the iron targets with an occasional coin.

Now back to last nights hunt with the AT MAX, I started out with a nickel find right away, followed by 2 wheats, an 1898 indian and a second nickel. And then the gold 1970 class ring and 2 feet from that was a gold plated band, both were about 7" deep. The ring is from a high school located over 100 miles from my house, it also has initials in it and we are actively trying to solve the mystery of how it ended up in our yard....with hopes of returning it.
I am sure I was over these rings many times before ( with the ACE, the PRO and also an Explorer SE ) but the AT MAX sniffed them out, the coins had iron targets in the hole with them, the rings I was too excited to notice if iron was in with them.

Thanks, FATMAX

Great finds Fatmax. What a nice way to break in the Max. Do you remember what mode you were in and what settings? Also was she pretty quiet or did you have a lot of chatter and popping with all the iron.

Thanks, Gary41

Gary41,
I was in zero mode with iron disc at 25 and yes ALOT of chatter noise. Way differant from the PRO. I will post pics of the rings when I figure how.
Thanks, FATMAX

Really nice finds. With regards to the background pops and chatter, can I ask what your ground balance was, and what bars of sensitivity did you run at? How about threshold?

Just trying to get some guidance with setup in this new machine. A post dedicated to everyone's best setup with the AT Max might be a good way to collectively get a basic profile of the Max