Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT MAX FINDS GOLD....UPDATE & MY THOUGHTS

FATMAX

Hi everyone,
With regards to my first broken/delayed post, I apologize, I am still learning my way around this site. One pic below shows the rings & the other pic shows all my keeper finds so far in 10 hours hunting with the MAX. Keep in mind these are all from a yard that I thought I had gridded & searched thoroughly. Impressive, but...... none of my finds came through as a crisp/clear "dig me" signal and only 2 were deep ( a clad penny & the buffalo were 9+ inches... running in all metal mode)

On my first hunt I was running max sensitivity, auto ground balance & zero mode with disc at 25, the MAX was very noisy/jumpy but I hunted anyways. Since then I have been running about 4 bars sensitivity and it seems to quiet it down some.

Like most of us , I was hoping for the MAX to be smooth like the PRO, but for me it is not. However, I do think the MAX has a lot of potential if one is willing to learn this new language.
Thanks, FATMAX

Just have to "learn" the new MAX - it's controls and variations in audio and what they are telling you. I only borrowed a MAX for a few hours. I hope to do so again when I return from vacation. You can lower the threshold to make the MAX run quiet like the PRO. That was one item on the PRO owners "next" wish list The old threshold sound. Give and take with all the advantages, volume control is great also, if you are using the blue waterproof headphones. "Best finds in my 2 hours were an IPhone, junk ring, tent peg, and a few coins. OHHH YES Hot Rock, just ground balance on the hot rock. Plus the display usually does not show any numbers.

WTG with that gold! :thumbup: Keep plugging away (pun intended) and expect to find many more great finds. Don't forget to enter that into the current contest running at the top of the page.

[size=large]Way to go FATMAX way to break it in[/size]