Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Max price

Lt4ever

What is a fair price for an AT Max with 2 coils and both wireless and waterproof headphones?

What is a fair price for an AT Max with 2 coils and both wireless and waterproof headphones?
I have tried to sell three different detectors in the last couple of years and could not sell them for any price close to being reasonable. I believe that this all started when the Nox came out. The market got flooded with used detectors and buyers were in their glory. Like new used detectors were not holding their value. When I first saw this happening on the various detecting forums, I got the bright idea to sell them locally. Face Book market place and Graigslist were easy sells for me. But, now that market is dried up. I have Notka Anfibio Mulit that I cannot even get a whiff on. I would honestly think I would have to have the price in the 250-300 dollar range to sell it.

Sorry for the ramble and I feel your anguish. If you can get anywhere close to 375.00 you might be doing good. I know it is worth more than that, but I think selling used will only get worse with all of the new multi-frequency detectors being released.

If you can get anywhere close to 375.00 you might be doing good. I know it is worth more than that, but I think selling used will only get worse with all of the new multi-frequency detectors being released.
I have the AT-Max as well and this is one of the reasons that I still hold on to it. That’s a huge hit from my purchase price. The other more important reason that I hold on to it is that my grandson, now a teenager, is interested in the hobby. The AT-Max is a great machine to start with because of its simplicity and I also introduced another friend into the hobby using that detector. He went out and bought an Equinox 800 the very next week and is detecting all the time now. (y)

I have an AT Pro, thought of selling it but end of the day it is worth more as a backup machine do to it's reliability than what I would get for it selling. Also great machine to hand to a newcomer as it is easy to run.

I always search on the big auction site for prices. You can select completed listings on the app, and that gives you an idea of what things are actually selling for.

--Matt