Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Max reliability

MrMole

I would like to find out how many owners of the Garrett AT Max has had problems with them in the 24 month warranty period. I have liked my Max but here at the 23 month period, I find I have another problem. A product that is great at what it does can ruin the customer satisfaction by being in need of repairs often. I give Garrett tops for warranty service but products ought to have most of the bugs out of them before major production begins.

I had one of the first final production models. So far, so good. I have had the coil in freezing water many times. Operated the unit in extremely cold conditions. I did get some interference issues a few times, and they were fixed by tightening the coil wire. I have also lost connection to the wireless phones, and that was due to detecting in areas with a high EMI due to above ground or underground wires. I am constantly making changes to my frequency choices and hunting mode.

I had one of the first final production models. So far, so good. I have had the coil in freezing water many times. Operated the unit in extremely cold conditions. I did get some interference issues a few times, and they were fixed by tightening the coil wire. I have also lost connection to the wireless phones, and that was due to detecting in areas with a high EMI due to above ground or underground wires. I am constantly making changes to my frequency choices and hunting mode.
Thank you for your reply, John.

I'm sorry to say but I think I am about to give up this new hobby. My AT Max has had 3 different issues since I bought it. The first 2 Garrett did me right. This time I called about it not syncing (or pairing, their word) with the wireless headphones and got the typical idiot questions from them. Like, have you checked the batteries, did a reset, pressed the sync buttons etc and also an abbreviated copy of how to sync it. I get it, most people think other people are dumber than a brick. Anyhow, after checking the unit again following the instructions in the email from them. It still would not work properly. So, I got an RMA number and address to send it back to the factory for repairs. I got online and looked at the U.S. Post Office and UPS rates to send it back. Good Lord!!! I had no idea shipping had gotten so high. According to the size and weight it will cost me between $45 and $50 dollars to send the thing back. That is real nice, I shudder to think what it would cost me to pay for shipping, parts and service. So, considering it will likely give me trouble in another 8 or 9 months and will have no warranty then, I think I'll just quit and keep my shipping money. Oh, I did forget to mention that the unit itself works fine but I have enough hearing loss that it is of no use to me without the headset. It' not a total loss, however, I'm sure I have found close to $75 in coins. From NC, I wish all y'all a better 2021. (All y'all is plural in the South.)

Another word from NC at least WNC is youins. I’ve never heard it anywhere else. It’s like all y’all but different