Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Max

kajunman

I got my Max one week after Harvey hit Houston. I have a small construction company and have been working every day of the week with no time to go detecting. From Sept. 17 until this past Sat. I hadn't had any days off. So Saturday I took off and used my Max for it's first extended hunt. WOW is all I can say. It's an impressive machine. It takes a little time to get used to the tonal nuances but once you understand them it will pull some goodies. I found a Merc and a Rosie in some trash. Yes it's more scratchy than the Pro but it can do things the Pro can't. The ability of the Max to pull out goodies from trash was very surprising.

I'm looking forward to using the Max more. I haven't had a chance to take it to the salt water beach near me but that is on the list of things to do. I've seen guys post videos using the Max in saltwater but they aren't taking advantage of the all the capabilities of the Max using threshold and manual ground balance. Maybe they just want the Max to be a failure. It won't be. Playing around with the settings last Saturday it's obvious that the Max has some advantages that can be very helpful to Max users if they take the time to get to know the machine.

Cheers, HH.

So far it’s been a great machine! My stock 8/11 DD coil went bad after one week of use. Garrett sent me another one..great customer service!

wyohunter99 said:
That’s good to hear! I get my Max today! Did you use the stock coil?

Yes sir I did use the stock coil. My buddy went back to the same lot yesterday and pulled a SLQ with 3 nails on top of it. The Max can see through iron. It will revitalize some "hunted out" areas.