Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro and 4 inch coil,headphones adapter?

tvanwho

Is there a 4 inch or small coil option available on the AT Pro? Does it do very well at gold nugget hunting? I may need a waterproof nugget detector for stream crevice hunting when I go to Maine this summer. Might be kinda handy other places too. Can't afford to buy an AT Gold. Also, was wondering if it is possible to use headphones other than Garrets on the AT Pro? And is a plug available to block off the headphone jack when using the speaker, to prevent rain from getting in there?
Thanks.

-Tom

There is a 4" super sniper coil for ATPro & ATGold ()same coil), I expect it will find gold as well as any other ATPro coils, it just doesn't have the depth of a larger coil. I've seen a Garrett ATGold ad someplace which advertised the 4" Super Sniper as a coil for finding gold in tight places.

As far as I know, the Detector Pro Ampibians are the only alternate for the Garrett Waterproof Headphones. They are expensive (IMO, overpriced) but I do own a pair and like them a lot. The AT headphone jack is a proprietary waterproof connector and the detectors come with the waterproof screw on cap (with o-ring) for use when not using the headphones.

I thought I remembered seeing a $35 adapter cable for the AT Pro headphone Jack, not sure where I saw it now?

Garretts web site....

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_headphones_en.aspx

scroll to the bottom.

tvanwho said:
I thought I remembered seeing a $35 adapter cable for the AT Pro headphone Jack, not sure where I saw it now?

yes there is a 1/4" to AT series adapter cable but it's not waterproof.

That adapter It's more for compatibility/convenience with your favorite 1/4" headphones or you can always get 1/4" male adapters to all the std headphone and earbud connector sizes.