Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro and Cover-Up

RSB

It was almost 7 PM when UPS arrived with my new AT Pro yesterday evening. I ordered it from Big Boys Hobbies and Bart, I thank you for your promptness and knowledgeable service. Along with the detector, I ordered two additional coils and a GTI 1500 Cover-Up to be used on the Pro. With the way I have things arranged on my machine, the Cover-Up fits, sorta. I don't like the way the inside edges of the clear plastic overlaps the screen so I have asked my wife to take another seam on each side to hold those in place. Also, I use a Bluetooth transmitter to communicate with my hearing aids and the audio adapter for that makes the control housing somewhat fatter so that the velcro fasteners on the bottom don't quite reach each other. We will have to make something that will secure the cover. After these things are done I will post a picture of the final version. The purpose of the Cover-Up is to protect the screen during transportation.

Anyway, there I was during the early hours of today on my test garden, with a flashlight, listening to the sounds of the AT Pro. The police didn't show so I guess all was good with the neighbors.

Well, those were my initial thoughts. I like your modification you are doing using blue-tooth and your hearing aid. Considering, my hearing seems to be decreasing (just ask my wife) that mod may be copied sooner then you think. Please keep us informed. :thumbs

I to have hearing aids that I got recently and they work great with my headphones,

This is the final version of the modifications to get the Cover-Up working. My wife made a seam on each side to keep the clear plastic on the inside from folding on the screen during installation.

On the bottom, the closures would not reach so she sewed two, 2" x 3.5", velcro pieces together, back-to-back with the loops on one side and the hooks on the other. This velcro was not sewn to the cover. When the cover is on the AT Pro, the Bluetooth transmitter rides on the battery compartment door. During detecting, I move the transmitter to the top of the control housing just forward of the AT Pro decal. It is held in these positions with sticky backed velcro.

I think the Cover-Up will work and provide protection for the AT Pro during transportation.