Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro and SCUBA?

Just wondering if anyone has actually tried the AT Pro while SCUBA diving in shallow water; I've never really considered 10 ft to be more than just clutz proofing and easy hose off for cleaning but lately I've been wondering a little. My 87 y/o Dad tells me of an old sliding board out in the deep water (7 to 8 ft sandy bottom) at a local lake hang out, when he was a kid. My Infinium (or even old Stingray II) will handle the water depth easy but it sure would be nice to have the AT Pro's dis and ID capability, just don't want to destroy AT Pro being silly.

Any "10 foot" rating is basically "splash proofing" as you said. You run a very serious risk of drowning it if you try to scuba with it. No, I havent taken an ATP scuba diving. I bought a second-hand excal to take with me on dives.

Kinda' what I figured, just making sure I wasn't overlooking something.

tks

Just look at your Sting Ray or your Infinium at how they are built, then look at your ATpro, if this doesn't answer your question, then this should, YOU WILL VIOLATE ANY WARRANT yu have on the At pro, it states this in the manual. If you go much past 10 feet, the water pressure would probably cause the unit to leak. When I took an AT pro down to the Islands to metal detect I tried to stay 6 to 8 feet just to be on the safe side.

Yah the AT line line of detector s are LIGHT water use , from my experience a water logged AT will run about 250.00
For repairs plus shipping at Garret's repair shop.