Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT PRO ARM CUFF

coin hunter

Has anyone made a modification on the AT pro arm cuff to raise it off the ground. The reason I ask is that I hooked up a wireless head phone and the transmitter is on the side of the cuff The wire extension is under the cuff. Really don't what to change the positioning of setup but finds that dirt tends to collect under the cuff.

TDK wireless head phones for I think for I pod or one of those small music producing boxes that the young adults like. http://www.amazon.com/TDK-WR700-Wireless-Fidelity-Headphones/dp/B003E49GRC Also you need this http://www.bigboyshobbies.net/shop/garrett-at-pro-headphone-adapter/

I rigged up a method for may Ace that should work for you.
Tlhey make a velcor that is so stinking strong that once you put the two pieces together they pretty much are like epoxied together. Hunt some up and then get any thin piece of plastic. I used a small plastic sign.I had laying around. Something fairly stiff. Just cut some rectangles of the plastic the same width as the cuff part that touches the ground. Make them as long as you want.
Attach the Velcro to the plastic rectangles and also to the cuff parts.
Slap them together and you can have your unit not only sitting higher but it will also widen the footprint of your stand keeping it from tipping over all the time.

I made me some stands out of CPVC pipe and fittings,,,,had the pipe,,,,parts were just under $10,, so you would have to buy some glue and pipe and plastic paint......
2 - 3/4" CPVC tees
2- 3/4" CPVC street 90 deg ells
2 - black rubber caps

you have to cut out the top part of the top tee...
You can make it as high off the ground as you want...
Cleaned out the top Tee with a Dremmel
Because Garrett rod is smaller,,,I used black duct tape,,

here are a couple of pictures....

Or you can buy them from Dealers for like $20

[size=large]chuck @ Indian Nations Detectors, a forum sponsor sells those PVC types already made up and ready to go for those not inclined to fab their own. some guy on eBay also fabs and sells them for different md machine brands.

HH [/size]

Checking around (quickly), this wireless product is hard to find, Amazon and a few other sullpiers are sold out.

Wonder about the lag time, I'd like to try them and maybe just slow swing down some.