Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

at pro audio discrimination

Cibola

Hello all,

Considering purchasing a at pro BUT I would like to know if the pro audio feature really works as advertised? Can you really tell the difference between a coin and bottlecap by sound just as they demonstrate on the garrett vids??

If so this is a HUGE selling feature to me. I have been checking reviews and have not seen anyone cover this topic.

I would look forward to your tales of experience in this area either in the field or by doing simple air tests to see if you can tell the difference. On the garrett vids the tone change with junk was easily recognizable once pro audio was engaged. I am just curious how this is working out for real users.

Thx All!!

Hi Cibola

I have used it at the beach only, It works 99% of the time. On the very odd accasion that it did not work it was probaly my concentration that wained.. Pyries Pete

When I first tried the AT Pro on the bench with their head set, I thought mine didn't sound like it worked as good as their video demo. After I put my Killer Bs on the AT Pro it sounded every bit as good as the video demo.

I think it would probably work as advertised in not so trashy areas. Areas with a lot of trash makes it hard to really tell with all the sounds.

Cibola,

Yes.
I only got out for about 2 1/2 hours last week and that is all the time I have on the machine so far, but yes. I dug 1 screwcap and it had that EXACT sound. Low tone Iron, high tone coin, low tone Iron. The rusty nails I dug were VERY much like the Xterra 705 set on 3 or 4 tones. That is to say they had a high tone at 1 end and low tone from 2 or 3 other directions. I dug a copper jeans rivet and a junk broach that both sounded pretty decent. I located a penny with the Pro but it only sounded good every other pass so I marked it and it sounded very much the same with the Xterra. Actually that was the only coin I found that day so...

The machine looks promising and will fit my arsenal nicely. It is waterproof and light as a feather, well light as the Xterra I have and the Shadow 5 I had. The bottom shaft may be a TAD loose... or not... I'm still out on that one, had no effect on my hunting, felt like it had maybe .005 to .007 of an inch clearance. It does have come with head phones, but not the waterproof models you have to buy those seperate. OK and there is an adapter available for your favorite headphones (or will be).

After all the hype I was a bit nervous but the machine appears to run as billed. It is gonna take some running the machine to really understand it well. I plan to get out again next week and if I run this one I will report back in.

Jeff

I like the sounds better with out headphones.When I plug my headphones in the sound changed,the sounds are not bad but I liked the sounds better with out headphone.Will try different headphone when they come out with adapter.