Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro Beach Hunt

synthnut

Here's a few coins that I got when beach hunting with my AT Pro ....The 2 larger coins that I found are a 1943 Silver Half that a crusty penny got into a mix that I was cleaning late at night and mistook it for a Silver dime ......Screwed up my half ....No bigee .....The other larger coin is a 1906 Barber Quarter .....90% of the coins that were found that day were older coins....There were only a couple of nickels and one Memorial Penny that was found ....The rest were Silver dimes, Buffalo nickels , Wheat Pennies , and Silver Quarters ......The oldest were the 2 coins mentioned earlier ..... There are more coins that are soaking ....These are just SOME of the coins from that hunt .....It was a GOOD ONE !!....Jim

[attachment 187363 ATProHunt.JPG]

how do you clean beach coins that have that thing stuck on them, like oxid and sand together, that its really hard and does not vanish with cocacola?

Vinegar and Lemon Juice .....or I do a boil on them ......I'll post a procedure on the boil when I can find the YouTube address ....Jim

Here ya go ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d9ugkIFgdU&NR=1

Lots of finds !:thumbup:
Was that salt water beach ?

Joel,
It was a Saltwater beach .....Lot's of corrosion ..... Went there today and it's all sanded in !!......BUMMER ....Jim

John ( TX ) ....It's not my site , but good info for cleaning coins .....Jim

and did really good too. This year the beaches were pretty much sanded in without any strong noreasters hitting here.

Yeah, it was a tough year for sure ...... Lousy weather and nothing in our world to show for it !!.....:shrug:

Did you find your depth to be pretty decent?

Someone said their unit liked to identify iron targets as valuable targets. Did you notice that on your unit or no?

John ,
You know you love that cold weather !!!.......( just kidding ) ......I'm with you on that one !!.....Soft ground sounds GREAT to me !

Uncle Willy ,
Yeah , it was a really good day .....It was like going back in time ....It was very odd to find modern day clad .....I was shocked to find a memorial Penny !!.....or a newer Nickel !!....It was the exception rather than the norm !!....

Smudge ,
The important thing is to make sure that you Ground Balance ACCURATELY !!.....You will then get good ID's ..... When I hit a good target , and it was DEEP , a good target would just be faint sounding because of the depth .....It would GRUNT the iron tone if it was iron ....I always run the Pro mode in ZERO .....then I run my Iron discrim all the way up to 40 .....I don't care if I miss tiny gold .....I don't want to deal with foil ... Most of the time when I hit a higher number like high 80's , and I am thinking that it's a coin , I just hit the Iron Audio button ....If I get a good GRUNT from it , I pass right by it ....If I don't hear any GRUNT , I dig it ...... The AT discriminates iron really well !!..... You ask about depth .....Deep to me might not be deep to you .....Most all the coins were found at between 6-8 inches ....The deeper Silver gave off a softer tone than the rest , but a repeatable tone .....I think that because of the frequency of the machine , Nickels, being in the Gold Range tended to hit REALLY hard ..... I think I could have pulled a Nickel from a Chinamans ear as loud as they were hitting ...Jim