Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro / Bottlecap Test

Smudge

I went to an At Pro dealer this past weekend and took with me an old bottlecap I had dug up some months before which I keep for testing purposes.

I went to the dealer's testing area, put the bottlecap on the surface, put the AT Pro in PRO mode, swept the 8x11 coil over it, and got a consistent high tone from the detector.

No low/high/low tone roll as I've seen advertised.

Was I doing something wrong?

Was the Iron Audio turned on? That's what will usually give the low/high/low response. Without the Iron Audio on it will still usually give a high tone.

Also there are certain tops that seem to give most detectors fits. Around here it's the alcoholic homeless favorite, Olde English 800 screw top. Miserable things seem to come up as a high tone on every machine I've seen hit one.

You know, I can't remember if the iron audio was on or not. Maybe that was the issue.

i think you also need some discimination on to make the iron auto work try a setting about 35 to make the low high low sound out better

Watch this video from Garrett it shows a demonstration specific to bottle caps and iron audio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quGU34swYh0

When I hit a bottlecap or zinc using pro mode and disc & headphones, the tone has a squelch to it.

Smudge said:
I went to an At Pro dealer this past weekend and took with me an old bottlecap I had dug up some months before which I keep for testing purposes.

I went to the dealer's testing area, put the bottlecap on the surface, put the AT Pro in PRO mode, swept the 8x11 coil over it, and got a consistent high tone from the detector.

No low/high/low tone roll as I've seen advertised.

Was I doing something wrong?

Roll tone will work only in "Pro mode" you must use pro mode to here tone roll. But as my experience if bottle cap was lay paralleled to search coil ATP will sound only high tone even in pro mode.

If you use the pro mode with bit iron discrimination on then go over a target ie.. A bottle top or bit iron with the iron audio switched off you will get a good high tone I search in this mode then before I dig each good target click iron audio on first to test if its still solid I dig it but if its now gone to a more of a crackling noise I leave it as find its almost always junk