Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT PRO BOX MOUNT BROKEN

sparkster

I was out detecting today, picked up my Pro from the ground and the control box just fell off of the S shaft.
The plastic mounts for the control box both broke off. Has anyone else experienced this happening?

Either I try and repair it or send it in. What are your thoughts on that?

Thanks for reading.

I'd send it in. They will update programming, replace the case and pressure test it. How old is it ?

Same thing happened to me and one other person I know. Garrett will make it right but the mount is a definite weak point along with the arm cuff.

Dalpal

I snapped mine off in December just luckly i had duck tape in the truck and could finsh my hunt. I sent it in and garret over hauled my whole machine they had it about 2 days and was back in the mail the lady said that was alot tape you had on there and laughed, gotta do whatcha gotta do to keep huntin lol

Thanks to all of you forum folks for your input. I will be sending it to Garrett , I will call them first.

I feel lost without my AT Pro.

hear you there, Sparkster...this is one of those machines a guy cant live without for very long, not when seasons are short......I'm definitely considering getting another one just for a backup...:thumbup:
Mud

Hi !
I Have had the same problem with my control box . Garrett replaced it for new one with no charge but I thing that the problem back soon(heavy user) .Any way I just changed screw for a Little bit longer and should be OK hopefully .
Mario.

Yep, it sucks when that happens!! I've gone through that with my ATP and ATG. I think the (surfman) cover is helping - haven't had any trouble for a long while. I tried every kind of plastic welder, epoxy, super glue... nope. I hope they beef up that point like they did the arm cuffs. Yeah, Mud, that's why I'm a "two-AT household" these days - I get the tremors as soon as I mail one off. :look:

Same thing happened to mine last September when I bumped it. Sent it in to Garrett and they replaced the housing , upgraded some inner workings and balanced. The thread on the new headphone connection has a burr and I had difficulty putting the headphones back on when it was returned. Definitely is a weak point in the design. Ended up with a bill for $177.12. Machine works great and I wouldn't trade for anything, but I hope they improve the mounting on future models.