Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT pro Cam Locks Canada

gabbyhayes

How does a person get the outer portion of the cam locks (that always crack) here in Canada without buying a rod along with them?

Hmmm...Camlocks you say? I took mine off...both the upper as well as the lower...on account of they were all galled up from sand getting in them, especially the lower, I bet the upper is good enough....lemme look around for them...If I find where I put them, I will send them to you for free if you wish? lemme look around when the Sun comes up a bit and get back to you...
Mud

Amazingly, I found this one! I say amazingly on account of the mess I sifted through!...I have no Idea where the other one or the internal part to this one is.....they should have been all together in the same area right?
What a friggin mess! I should have taken a picture of where I found it out in the garage...but now I'm wondering what happened to all the other parts?...:rofl:

The threads look good, and it is not split...if you want it, PM me your address, and I will send it to you either today or tomorrow depending on how quick you holler back....no worrys mate, if this is all it takes to make a AtPro Brother happy, then lets call this week a success! :beers:.
Mud

That will be great. It is still winter up here so I won't be detecting for another month or so.
The garrett distributor wants to sell me a new middle rod with the cam locks for $25.
Add to that about $15 for shipping and it gets kinda crazy for a piece of plastic worth probably .50
Garrett at one time would ship them from Texas but they don't want to do that anymore????
Thanks for helping me out!!

I have one of the first ATPros...there were NO camlocks on the early units. No rod problems in 4 years
Also they have added a headphone cable clip under the arm rest since 2011.

I actually don't prefer cam-locks on any of my machines. I know there has been debates about how they prevent free play. I have always found easy ways to prevent play, such as a couple of layers of tape on the smaller rod prior to connecting & locking them. I have watched some hunters whip that coil back and forth like they were fighting swarming bees. If they hit a solid rock, tree of fence post with that coil, there would be less damage had they used a rod with some play in it.

The cam lock arrived in the mail today thanks to mudpuppy!!
I have since talked to Garrett and the Canadian distributor. They are going to stock the camlocks separately.
Replacements should be available in about a month.
Garrett's part numbers are:
One is for the black plastic ring and the other is for the white inside plastic. I'm not sure which is which.