Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

at pro coil

bacardi

hi iam using the 8.5x11 dd coil that came with pro thinking of getting the 9x12 coil what do you guys think u think it give me any improvement over 8.5x11

Hi bacardi, It really depends upon how mineralized your ground is. DD coils will preform much better than concentric coils in highly mineralized ground. I tried the 9 X 12 coil but my ground is a bit to hot to get much of a differance, if any, in depth. For me the 8 1/2 X 11" DD works great, I have no problem getting silver dimes 9 to 10 inches with accurate ID's. Larger coins even deeper. If your hunting ground with low mineralization a large concentric should get a little deeper. Hope this helps.
HH Butch NY

I used the 9 x 12" coil in the water last summer. It covers lots area in the lakes and being concentric it is much easier for me to pin point with underwater which also saved me lots of scooping. I liked using the 8.5 x 11" DD on land in the dried lake beds since it is hot all over you don't miss much targets. I tried the 6.5 x 9" on land but I noticed that I had to get the middle of the coil directly over the target for the coil to respond. I am waiting for our lakes water levels to go down to see how the new 5 x 8" coils will work in the pull tabs in the lake beds. I would suggest using the DDs on land and the concentrics in the water.