Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro Concentric Coil

Well, it ID's much better then a DD coil, especially bottle caps. It pinpoints off the inner front or back toe almost as good as a electronic pin-pointer and depending how fast that the audio cuts out when pulling the inner toe from the target, gives you some insight as to how deep a target is. The concentric coil is my favorite coil for hunting water, sports fields, parks....places where I am experiencing a lot of good and bad targets. For relic hunting, I prefer a DD coil.

Here's a link to an explanation on search coils you might find of interest. http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_searchcoil_tech_sheet_en.aspx

I learned a lot from that link. I used a concentric coil on my old Whites XLT for years, never got any good depth in my neck of the woods. Once I switched to the AT Pro with a DD search coil, it was like all my old haunts came to life. We have high mineralization where I live, my average auto GB is 94+ in most sites. Thanks for the good read!