Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro figures

BigShow

So anyways i ordered the At Pro and waited my week to get it and guess what. It falses just sitting there. I took the Detector outside thinking ground balancing would help and it just goes crazy. I tried taking the coil off and on the connection is very bad it takes all your fingers have to push the connection into the detector it makes you feel like your going to break it putting so much pressure on it to get it seated in. So anyways all the days counted down for more waiting and the fact of having to deal with sending it back fun!!! If this problem is known by all the dealers by now why don't they check your AT Pro before they send it to you. Its like sweet we just made another 600 bucks now let the customer deal with the problem that makes me so mad it not even funny but anyways just had to let some heat go for a min ill be sending it to Garrett tomorrow when i can call them.

Mine was doing that when I first put it together on Tuesday. But I didn't like the way the coil wire was wrapped around the shaft so I took it off and re wrapped it and put two Velcro straps on it . One on the bottom and one on the top. Turned it on today and it did not act erratic at all ran nice with no falsing. I think my cable was not tight in the socket.

Take a deep breath. Don't be so quick to crucify your dealer, and call him tomorrow before you call Garrett.

A good customer service oriented dealer will take a DOA unit back, replace it with another one from his stock, and take care of returning your unit to Garrett. It's extra time and work for the dealer, but the dealers who truly care about customer service will do it. If your dealer says he won't take it back and tells you that you have to send it back in to Garrett yourself, don't buy from that dealer again. Learn a lesson and make sure the next dealer you buy from will go to bat for you.

Also your dealer may be able to suggest something that you might be doing wrong or give you some other suggestions to try doing before returning it.

im good. I just called garrett and talked to sue this morning all is ok i fedex it to garrett she was very down to earth and real with me i liked that the most. Ill give you guys a post on how the at pro is when i get it back and ill let you now how long it takes to get from cali o Texas and back just fyi. Im very happy with my ace 250 so garrett is great in my book just the little hang ups that suck sometimes but the small things dont matter. I paid for the 15 bucks to have it shipped by ground so thats a bummer sue said that they wont let her do free shipping anymore due to so many people having the problem that was kinda of a let down she did say that they would give me something in return to help pay for shipping cost i dont know what that is but thats nice of them anyways.

Why are dealers still selling AT-Pros that have falsing issues?? It seems that it would be better for consumers to wait on a fresh batch of corrected AT-Pros than purchase first run models that dealers already have. Not all of these first run models false, but quite a few do. I will wait for all to get corrected rather than gamble on dealers stock. Does Garrett warranty transfer on used AT-pros?? Thanks

Glad Garrett is taking care of you, bigshow. I've dealt with Sue too and she is good people like you said. Let us know how it does when you get it back.

Garrett warranty is transferable.

Did you by your detector from a big metal detector dealer or one in your area ?

From Texaspremium on ebay they seem to be a great dealer but i dont agree with the dealers not testing the machines first before sending them to us. Another 15 bucks out of pocket for shipping does not make me to happy to send it back to garrett. I think there should have been a recall on the AT pro myself from all the dealers and sent fixed models back. Im just staying positive and going to see how mine runs when i get it back.

BigShow, to me a warranty issue isn't the same as a detector arriving DOA. I can understand your frustration at paying more money to ship back a product that arrived defective.

Why would they have a recall ? ......I posted this problem a LONG time ago, and the Garrett consumers on the forum all but flogged me because I continued to speak of this problem ...... They made every excuse that they could to try and my movie of the falsing look tainted ..... I don't hear a thing from any of them now !!!..... It's like all the AT Pro experts went silent !!..... I wonder how many of them are silently sending their machines back to Garrett for repair ? .....I call this manuever Closet Coliers !!...:rofl:
Funny how many people told me that this is how the AT Pro was suppose to run !!!...... Just goes to show , if you know that you are right about something , stick to your guns !!...... I'm glad that Garrett is taking care of this issue in a professional manor ...... Soon enough we will all look back on this and it will be water under the bridge !!.....Jim

I got my pro last week from a dealer that has the falsing problem and I talked to him and he said it was only 2 weeks old...so I'm wondering if some of the newer ones still have the problem? Anyways my housing and coil are on their way back to garrett....gonna miss my baby but can't wait till she gets back and I can play with my little bada**
:wiggle:

I'm still waiting for Garrett to tell the repair centre in the UK how to fix the pro.Garrett are saying it's a different fault on each detector.I don't think Garrett want it out of the bag what's up with the pro.But how long do I wait to hear before I start moaning lol.

Well MY AT-Pro is on its way back to Garrett along with a friends.His was falsing but mine was so eratic that it was all but unuseable.I think that it will be a great detector but I can't get around the fact that this detector should never have been sold at all with out being tested for this issue.And that it left the factory all is just wrong.I Do think that Garrett is trying to make things right but.... Why send out machine's with this kind of Quality Control at all??? Was it so that it could bet out by Chrismas for sales or is the component quality poor? (ie it something different on every machine???) I mean there has to be a reason and I think that Garrett really should be upfront and explain what happened.It doesn't hurt me at all yet for hunting as there is still snow and frost here but,this can't be good for sales for Garrett.And a free gift isn't free when it's just covering my shipping back to them maybe??? All I can say is that they have a very good Idea and a promising new detector so lets hope this works out and becomes a thing of the past. I need to get out of the House soon or I won't be responsable for what happens. Grumpy and Snow bound in Iowa

This issue is being beaten to death (I'm guilty of it too). I do agree that Garrett should issue some information on what exactly went wrong, and what they are doing to fix the machines. That would take the mystery out of it, people would get over it, and it would become a non-issue. My AT Pro is going back to Garrett this weekend, I'll be glad to have it back when it's fixed, and it would be nice to hear something like "We fixed it, it was a problem with the blah blah" or maybe "no worries, we simply adjusted the whatchamacallit".

Closet coilers - that's a good one Jim!:rofl:

You did take a lot of stuff because you had the confidence and honesty to not only know that something was wrong, but to say so. Some of the responses you got were downright hostile.

There were a few others, Tom Dankowski and Keith Southern come to mind, who stuck their neck out and got blasted too.

But what's most important isn't the way things started but the way they ended and your stand has been vindicated.

I noticed one guy from the "south" who said his machine was just fine and gave you kind of a hard time has now posted about sending his AT Pro in to fix the falsing problem.

All the closet coilers owe you, and the few others who were persistant that this was a legit issue, a debt of gratitude.

I don't think Garrett are going to admit what's wrong with the At PRO.I'm abit annoyed that here in the UK I'm still waiting to send mine in.But carnt till Garrett tell repair agent how to fix it,then the cat comes out of the bag.the clock is ticking till we all find out what is the fault or faults as I'm led to believe

synthnut said:
Why would they have a recall ? ......I posted this problem a LONG time ago, and the Garrett consumers on the forum all but flogged me because I continued to speak of this problem ...... They made every excuse that they could to try and my movie of the falsing look tainted ..... I don't hear a thing from any of them now !!!..... It's like all the AT Pro experts went silent !!..... I wonder how many of them are silently sending their machines back to Garrett for repair ? .....I call this manuever Closet Coliers !!...:rofl:
Funny how many people told me that this is how the AT Pro was suppose to run !!!...... Just goes to show , if you know that you are right about something , stick to your guns !!...... I'm glad that Garrett is taking care of this issue in a professional manor ...... Soon enough we will all look back on this and it will be water under the bridge !!.....Jim

almost everybody told you a LONG time ago send it in but as you can see from your post from other forums you did not want to.
[ Tom,

I HAVE been in touch with Garrett and they are acting like there is no problem at all .....If you look at my "findsmall" answer to the coil problem thread , you will see ...... They claim that there are other coils that exhibit this same behaviour , and that it is more common with DD coils .....They told me to send my machine and coil in and they would check it out .....I did not want them to detune the machine to run more quietly and let them know this in a letter to them ..... The Garrett crew is so thrilled ot have a good machine that they are overlooking any of the problems with the machine .....In Garretts defense , the machine runs pretty good and is somewhat deep on coins and did not have a chance to test it on gold .....The VID system is good , and pretty accurate ..... It ground balances good in the salt, but the jury is still out as to how deep it will go in the salt ..... My thinking is that if they are saying that this is "Normal " behaviour for this coil to false when it's twisted in the air , that they are NOT going to be interested in fixing the problem ....I'm thinking that someone else as an outside source is going to be our only hope in resolving this issue .... ( hint hint hint ) ........ I've strapped down my coil wire , I even took the coil off of the lower shaft and shook it , and STILL got the falsing of th coil ....I am convinced that it's a coil issue , but cannot convince Garrett of this .......Jim ]

And as you see from this post it looks like tom is wrong about it being the paint if this is what was wrong with it.

[ I have one on order and my dealer called me today saying he had to send all of his stock back to garrett and they are going to send him new machines. He said there is a bad connection inside the control box at the coil connection. it is not the coil. he also stated garrett has fixed the problem and all new shipments are good. he is a big dealer and went through 30 units trying to find me one that wouldnt false because i was worried about getting one that did.]