Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro first units shipped today (Monday)

SteveP(NH)

Just got an email from Garrett customer service which said,

"The first few units were shipped today. Garrett has received quite a few orders for this product (both internationally and domestically) so it will take several weeks to fill and ship orders currently on the books." YaaaHooo!!!! Now to see who gets the first ones :crazy:

Thanks for posting that Steve

Jerry

Now I am Really watching for the brown truck :)

SteveP(NH) said:

"The first few units were shipped today. Garrett has received quite a few orders for this product (both internationally and domestically) so it will take several weeks to fill and ship orders currently on the books." YaaaHooo!!!! Now to see who gets the first ones :crazy:

First few wonder what that means did they ship 2 10 100 a few could mean any thing over one or two. Hope folks get them soon. I think a lot of folks will not get them before Christmas.

Jason

Jason in TN said:
SteveP(NH) said:

First few wonder what that means did they ship 2 10 100 a few could mean any thing over one or two. Hope folks get them soon. I think a lot of folks will not get them before Christmas.

Jason

I was wondering what a few means too, but I had been told previously that they were going to ship them out as they came off of the assembly line and not build up a big stockpile and then ship so they should start shipping however many their factory can spit out a day, every day. I know their original plan was to do a run to fill US pre-orders and then switch to the International version to do their pre-orders and then to switch back to the US version. So that if you didn't get one of the first batch you would have to wait several weeks while they made the international pre-orders. At that time my dealer was told he was allocated 6 machines out of the first batch and that would be all that he could get for a while. He sold 6 pre-orders and then started taking back-orders. Given that the pre-orders have been much heavier than Garrett was originally planning for I don't know if they are still sticking to the original plan or not but at least I know I will get one of the first 6 my dealer gets in. He also said he would have it drop shipped directly to me instead of having it shipped to his shop and then to me so that should save a week.

If you go to the Garrett store, they will take pre-orders now for shipment on Jan. 6, 2011. Sounds to me like they have at the minimum a 45 day backlog.

I hope you all get your AT-PRO's soon, and get some good use in befor the freeze.
I will wait until the spring.
It seems with my luck that whenever in the past I got a new machine that was a new release, I got the one that has the bugs in it.
It happened with my Tesoro Tejon with the cheap battery doors, My Whites Slimline XLT had software glitches that only could be fixed by removing the battery and starting over and my Explorer SE I had broken pixels on the screen. I am sure Garrett has top notch quality Control but I promised myself years ago that I will never buy anything electronic that is fresh off the assembly line. Be it computers Tv's or detectors

Take Care
HH
Jason

I hear where you are coming from on new production electronics. It has been my experience that most problems will show themselves up front. It is getting cold in the north country but until the ground completely freezes, I will give it a good workout. Using the At Pro in freezing conditions should wring out a few weak spots if any. I am looking forward to giving it a test.

Jerry

John LA said:
Things just seem too quiet.

I contacted Brad at Garrett Customer Support directly and he replied. At first I phoned and spoke with him Monday Morning but he didn't have any updated info at that time and so asked me to call back in the afternoon. I tried to call him back then but he was busy on the phone, so I sent him a follow up email and he replied to that email with the answer that I posted.

I'm not a dealer - anyone, including you, can email or phone Garrett customer support and ask what the latest status is and if they have an update they will let you know. Sue and Brad take the best care of Garrett customers. That is one reason I pre-ordered an AT-Pro, even if there are some initial bugs I know that Garrett will do whatever it takes to make things right. Nobody has better customer support than Garrett (though others might have support just as good).

I herd that there were a few very few shipped just to distributors in the last few days and they were more for demos dealer use than for sell.
Seems the biggest part of us may not see them until January.

Jason

Jason in TN said:
I herd that there were a few very few shipped just to distributors in the last few days and they were more for demos dealer use than for sell.
Seems the biggest part of us may not see them until January.

Jason

Who told you that, I'd like to check it out with Garrett customer service.... cause they told me that the factory was making them as fast as it could and that they were shipping them out as fast as the factory made them. I know their factory can make many more than a few a day.

Let's say it is just a guess that there will be a few around but do not think every one that wants one will get it before Christmas.
I have had mine ordered since the first day they were announced and I feel I will be lucky to get mine buy Christmas.
That's ok I will have it by the time it is water hunting season again.

Jason

junklord3139 said:
I talked to Garrett on monday by phone and said they haven't shipped any PRO as of 4:00 pm eastern time.

Subject: RE: At Pro shipping update?
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 16:43:19 -0600 (11/15/2010 05:43:19 PM)

Hi Steve,

The first few units were shipped today. Garrett has received quite a few orders for this product (both internationally and domestically) so it will take several weeks to fill and ship orders currently on the books.

Thanks and have a great day,

Brad Keel
Customer Service - Tech Support
Garrett Metal Detectors
Ph: 972-494-6151 / 1-800-527-4011
Fax: 972-494-1881
http://www.garrett.com