Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro Gets Second (gold) Ring For 2011 Tonite After Work And Returns It To It's Owner :cheekkiss:

John-Edmonton

Staff member
23gxrwn.jpg

I received a call last evening from a lady who stated she had lost a ring last week. You see, we had so much snow recently, so the city sent out graders to plough the hard packed 10" of snow off the roads. Well, every one ended up with a pile of chunks of the stuff in front of the driveway. This lady went out last week, and was picking up these chunks of now ice, one by one and was chucking them at the end of her driveway on either side. She wasn't wearing any gloves, and at one point realized that her ring must of fallen off her finger from the cold and wet melting snow and ice. I went over to her place after work, and on the second pile of snow I searched, I got a soft repeatable signal in Pro Mode at about a stable repeating 41. I knew it was going to be deep from the audio, so I had her husband use my relic shovel to bust about 12" into this pile of ice and snow. Well, go figure, the signal had disappeared. I put my search coil over the pile of ice fragments from the hole, and in a small piece of ice, there was this silver looking ring. I handed it to her and she screamed with excitement..."that's it!....that's it!" She turned to me and gave me a hug, and I could see a little tear flowing down her face. What a great feeling as many of you know, it is to return a lost ring to the original original owner. I asked her husband to take a photo of the two of us, then headed home to change into some warmer clothes for yet another planned hunt.

2mmibmr.jpg

It was getting cold. The temperature was falling as the sun was setting. I headed over to one of my favorite busy snow hills, hunted for about an hours worth then got just plain tuckered out. It had rained earlier in the week on two different occasions, so the snow has a tough layer of ice to punch through. I managed to find four two dollar coins amongst the other clad which really brought my $$$ totals up. Well, I my wife had called me earlier at work to say she had some steaks waiting, so home I went and really enjoyed a fantastic supper. :)

Way cool story John:cheers:. I hope I get the chance to find someones jewelry oneday. Ive tried returning the stuff I dig , but nobody wants it:rofl:

Good deed on your part.:clapping:
Good coin count in that hunt.

Good for you! Even if you don't believe in Kharma, What goes around comes around. You'll find a real goody when It comes. Glad you posted your picture.Skip

Great going Snow Feller. We need all the good press we can get and there ain't nothing like that feeling especially when it's accompanied by a big hug and a tear or two.

Bill

They're some of the best posts John; when you can find a lost item for someone. Not a bade choice of detectors either. One of the club members brough one to the meeting last night. Bought it from the States. The local importer still can't get any yet. It was fun to play around with.:thumbup:
Mick Evans.

I though Garrett was amply supplying the foreign markets. Maybe it was just Europe. I know they had a show over there before they were even available here but don't think they had any units with them to sell at the show. It was all pre-order only I believe.

Bill

Congrats on the find and the return, John. It's stories such as this that make me proud to share a wonderful hobby with such fine folks. :clap:

And Luke, tell me what you found and I'll let you know if I lost it. :devil:

Hi Jonn,
This is a GREAT story !!!.....I love when people get their cherished rings back , and it really puts a feather in our caps to do good deeds like this for others ...... I applaud you :clapping: for the kindness you showed this woman ....I'm sure everyone out there knows the TRUE value of a wedding ring !!......Thanks for sharing .....Sincerely, Jim