Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT PRO GOOD HOLE/BAD HOLE RATIO

murfar1

[size=medium][/size][size=large]Has anyone else experienced a big up-kick in success rates with the ATP? The AT Pro is it
for me. I'm like a kid in a candy store after looking at my results and doing some comparisons.
No gold yet or expensive jewelry and I'm not getting rich but I sure do like the numbers.

The first seven day period with AT Pro - 239 trash holes, 192 keepers for an 80.3% success rate.
I normally hunt in the standard mode, default custom, iron disc at 30, sensitivity 5 bars,
iron audio off, manual ground balance and dig it all that has VDI 40 and up. Took me 3
hours and 15 minutes today to work myself around two large trees but worth it -- 49 keepers
including one silver ladies ring.

Typical 7 day period with ACE250 - 320 trash holes, 121 keepers for a 37.8% success rate.
Usually in coin or jewelry mode, 5 bars, and the built-in auto grnd balance.

Typical 7 day period with Scorpion - 248 trash holes, 117 keepers for 47.1% success rate.
Usually motion discriminate mode at default disc, sensitivity at default, no threshold tone.

Basically I'm hunting the same spots -- various parks and the fairgrounds. One thing I have
noticed about the PRO though is I've only dug 5 quarters in that seven days. I had an 11
quarter cache in one hole with the ACE250 recently so that kinda throws out its averages but
in the 7 day period prior to that I had dug up 12 of them. With the Scorp it was 19
quarters during the first 7 HUNTING days that I used it (Nov 2 thru 13th).

I'm not really digging up "better" stuff. It's just that my success rate has taken a real
big jump. More bang for the buck. In my opinion, the ATP does as promised. If I ever
learn to use it efficiently in pro mode I'm sure the results will be even better. The only
thing holding me back is location, location, location. Ah but that's the bugger. That
nasty old research again.
[size=large][/size][/size]

I have not kept track but usually and pretty sure of what is there before I dig. That said, I also dig lots of 50 - 70ish trash in hopes that I will strike gold. The most successful people that I know in finding gold rings are also the same people who dig a lot of aluminum trash.

Jerry

Great post Murfar1. I like the specifics about mode etc. I never have kept track of percentages and only have two detectors but seem to find way more with the AT Pro then my Fisher 1280-x. I've been using mostly Pro Zero w/ iron discr @ 40, no iron audio. I see that you're digging anything above 40. What are you finding between say 40 and 55?
HH, Mac

togamac said:
Great post Murfar1. I like the specifics about mode etc. I never have kept track of percentages and only have two detectors but seem to find way more with the AT Pro then my Fisher 1280-x. I've been using mostly Pro Zero w/ iron discr @ 40, no iron audio. I see that you're digging anything above 40. What are you finding between say 40 and 55?
HH, Mac
Mac, if you're discriminating out 40, you're most likely missing 14K gold. A friend showed me a large cross with a large chain, both 14K that he found water hunting. I checked it with my Pro and it came up 40 on the ID. Just saying. Skip

Hey nice stats there Mufar...now thats a good percentage with the At Pro...fine machine that one.

Interesting post Murfar, thanks for the info. The other night I hit my all time fav spot...every signal I dug was junk lol. It's about 150 feet x 200 feet...I have cleaned it out pretty much. Two hours, and not even a penny. I'm frustrated and need a new spot!

Here's quote from our fellow member rogmey sent via PM re this post of mine. Of course he's entirely right.

"I was wondering about the trash vs. keeper percentage figures you mentioned in your Sept. 9th post on the AT Pro/Gold Find forum. I wasn't sure if you were saying you dug 239 (trash) holes plus 192 (keeper) holes, or if you dug 239 holes total. If it was 239 + 192 or 431 total holes, then your percentage of keepers to total holes is 44.5%, rather than 80.3%, which is still a very nice percentage of keepers."

Thanks for the correction and in setting the record straight.

What I like about the Pro is the 40 to 60 range, I dug very little of these signals in the fields, mostly just at the beach, but with digging them my buttons finds have quad-tripled, also I have dug a lot of coins in this area, and a lot of coins very near iron

togamac said:
What are you finding between say 40 and 55?

Nothing much to write home about yet. The nickels come in at 51-52-53 (quite a few of them compared to pre-ATP days) and picked up a couple of oddball tokens in the high 40's.

Johnny Cache said:
I'm frustrated and need a new spot!

What, you're getting tired of the Smithsonian? :) LOL just kidding of course. Some of those finds I've watched you post over time have been really great. Wish I were in the same league. Did you ever win that Pro Pointer? Last I remember they wanted some better photos from you. Never did hear the outcome?

Smithsonian...you kill me :lol:

I didn't win the Pro Pointer, but my wife got me one for Christmas. It is fantastic, I don't know how I hunted without it!

As for being in the same league...I'm a newbie that just happened to stumble upon a site LOADED with great stuff. I'm still learning (this is my 2nd season), and the AT Pro makes all the difference!

Johnny Cache said:
I didn't win the Pro Pointer

That's a bummer. I remember you had some really fabulous coins there. Makes me wonder just what it takes to win. Ditto on the Pro Pointer. It makes the difference between a gopher hole and a pot hole for me.