Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT PRO grnd balance issue

langsy

i live in Florida, i bought the pro 2 months ago , and use it at the beach all the time . now when i go their i try to auto GB it in the dry sand and it wont auto GB , no humming sound to it like its trying to GB. but when i take it to the wet sand it will auto GB. i tried to reset the machine by pushing and holding the on/off button for 5 seconds still doesnt help. it will manuallly grd balance. what can i do

Manual run the ground balance down to 20. Then try auto GB pumping in up and down at hunting site. A noticeable change in the ground should take place. At one point I thought mine wasn't working right but when I did this I figured it was working fine. Most places I hunt in upstate new york don't have a big variable in GB.

Could it be balanced on dry sand already? Will it balance on soil?

Perhaps there is so little mineralization in the dry sand that it doesn't need or can't ground balance.n If it otherwise is working well, I wouldn't be too concerned. Mine will also do the same thing sometimes.

I have noticed on sand it might not auto balance well sometimes. If it is out of balance you can hear high or low sound when you pump it up and down.You can manual balance if the sand doesn't take the auto. My Alzheimers must be kicking in LOL, I can't remember which way to adjust but I think the low sound means to raise the GB numbers up and visa versa.

i can manually set the GB at 5 or 95 and the machine will not make any noise as i try to auto GB it , the numbers wont move , in dry sand. if i take it to a park with grass and try to auto gb it ,the machine works fine, its just the dry sand, i have problems with

I think you need to go back and read the instruction manual on how to manually ground balance. You press the ground balance button then let it go. Do not hold it down. Now pump the coil up and down and listen for a tone. Now adjust up or down using the Notch Disc until you do not hear a tone when you are pumping it up and down. Actually try to find the center point inbetween the high tone and the low tone. Now press the ground balance button again and you are ready to detect.

Has it ever Auto ground balanced in this dry sand.
I say this as you may NOT have a problem unless it USED TO auto GB.
There are areas in Fla as well as other beaches where the sand has no real mineralization to it. This is even mentioned in some detector manuals. Especially some of the beaches that are primarily made up of sand from marine shells.
It will GB down in the wet stuff because the salt is conductive and it CAN SEE the salt component...it has nothing as much to do with the sand itself in low mineral beaches.
Now..if you were up here in the Northeast our beaches are primarliy made up of sand from grantie and rock that has been worn down to sand. So here in the dry sand you will definately get a GB readout.
AGAIN...many detctor manuals will state that in low mineralized beach sand away from the wet salt water you MAY NOT be able to AUto GB. You will have to perform amanual GB.
Scott

I have seen people say that you need to hold the GB button while doing it and others have said that you just push the button then let off while doing it, Either way my machine doesnt make any kind of noise at all and the GB number is always 80, Am i doing something wrong?

You have to pump the coil up and down between 1 and 8 inches off the ground to hear any sound while in GB mode.

If you hold the button down, that is auto ground balance. All you have to do is pump it and it will automatically adjust while you are pumping. Then you just take your fingrer off the button and it is ready to hunt.

If you just toggle it (press it once and let it go), that is manual adjust and you have to push the Notch Disc button to adjust to get between the high and low tones while you are pumping it up and down. Then you have to hit the GB button again after you have it adjusted to turn the adjust off.

It is more work to describe than it is to do it.

Maybe i just cant hear the noise without headphones on, i will be using headphones tomorrow and see if i can hear it, i tried both ways this evening, when i held it down and pumped it i watched the number move up a couple digits while i was pumping it but i never heard anything. i know how to adjust it with the buttons i just figured i would be able to easily hear something thru the speaker

Sounds like it is working just fine. For manual balance, find the center inbetween the high and low tones. It is usually not a fine line. If it is already close to center you probably aren't going to hear anything until you get out a ways. With manual balance, you will need to find the edges high and low and then center it from there. I don't know, if it is totally dead ground it probably does not make much difference where it is set at. But with hot ground, even a few points can make a difference in depth, etc.

when i first bought the ATP for the first 2 months it GB fine . i pump the coil as instructed by the videos it always GB for me. then one day i tried it at the beach . i hold the auto GBbutton in as usual and nothing happen then when i went to the wet sand i get some humming noise but GB at a different number than what i used to get .
Garret has the machine now its getting fixed , hope to have it back in 8 more long days