Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro Ground Balance

Canewrap

I am trying to figure out where the line (or range) is to where a DD coil is the best coil for conditions and where a concentric will get the most depth it's capable of. I have another detector where it has been figured out that if your gb number is 28 or lower, its best if you do use a DD coil, but it its higher you can go for max depth and use a concentric. Seems everyone, for the most part, uses just the DD coils on the AT Pro, but I want the depth that the 9 X 12 can give me if the ground matrix will allow it. So, at what number would I say, yep gotta use a DD coil or I'm going to lose depth?

The concentric coil will get better results in trashy areas and also gets closer to structures... not sure about your depth question,,, it is a smaller coil so your coverage area will be less

The stock and 5x8" DD coils go deep, trust me on that one. Because the DD's are better in mineralized soil they are popular and very good at what they are designed to do. As far as numbers go for GB I don't worry to much about it to tell you the truth, if I'm able to hunt at close to max sensitivity with no issues thats good enough for me. J.Edmonton would be able to elaborate on the concentric coils as he seems to like the 9x12".
Cheers!

Don't forget the widescans will give you better separation so that's another advantage to using them.

Eddie Current said:
The concentric coil will get better results in trashy areas and also gets closer to structures... not sure about your depth question,,, it is a smaller coil so your coverage area will be less
The concentric coil is good getting closer to structures( especially when you're in a TOT LOT) won't pick up the metal bars...but NOT IN TRASHY AREA. Depth wise, it's almost the same in my opinion. Everything from coins to jewelry I found is around 4 to 6 inches...so both are in that range already...good luck.

I've never used the concentric coil on my At/Pro and have no idea. My ground balance at the river is higher since Garrett repaired my At/Pro, but it still works and that's all I care about. Good luck & happy hunting.

Look at the post on the coils John just posted a couple days ago, there is a link about coils that has a graph that shows the differences between the coils. Not very much mineralization before the double d coil works better.

That's what stops me from buying the big 9x12 concentric. It would be the cats pajamas for the rich gentle black loam of more northernly areas than here. But the south were I am now is down right spooky at times for mineralization. I have never seem such crusty coins and corroded aluminum\pot metal tokens etc., as I do down here.