Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT pro headphone noise

ohiochris

I just got an AT pro and Im pretty happy with it so far even though I havent been able to get out and use it for the cold , snow/ice here. The only issue is there is sort of a high pitched tone coming from the headphones that almost sounds like what you might hear from old sound equipment if the amp was turned up too high. Starts as soon as the detector is turned on and dont stop until turned off. I only have the stock headphones , no other ones to try in an effort to see if the phones are defective. Without the headphones the sound isnt there , sounds normal. Even with the headphones the detector seems to function fine it just has that annoying sound. The phones are fully inserted into the jack and locking nut tightened , installed correctly. Has anyone else had this problem ? Im gonna contact Garett about it Im just wondering if this is a common thing or if anybody had experience with it and maybe know some simple way to fix it ?

If you are testing it inside, it may be feedback from your TV or other electrical inside the house, or powerlines outside. Grubstake
Even a cell phone could do it.

Grubstake said:
If you are testing it inside, it may be feedback from your TV or other electrical inside the house, or powerlines outside. Grubstake
Even a cell phone could do it.

I considered that , but there is no noise without the headphones , no sound at all until hitting on a target the way its supposed to. With the headphones it does it both indoors and out. Though I never took it far from the house yet so if its not the detector getting feedback just the headphones themselves I guess thats possible. But seems like if its feedback from another source then I would hear it from the detector without the headphones too.

My At Gold will get feed back, because I'm right next to some high powered lined, but only in the headphones, you can't hear it in the speaker, And I know its the power lines, it does it on every detrector I own. More so on a PI detector, but on higher freq, VLF's it does also. Grubstake