Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro Headphone Problem

Blink

My AT Pro headphones have been working fine but now all of a sudden I get on and off sound from them. When I get no sound I get it from the detector only.
It sounds to me as if there may be a broken or loose wire inside the jack. Has anyone had this problem and was you able to fix it yourself ?

It sounds like a broken wire in the jack either by the attachment plug or where the wire exits the headphones. I tape my wire where the the plug is attached to the AT Pro housing to prevent any play with the wire while hunting.

If it is at the plug end, it is darn near impossible to fix. Why? Well the plugs are potted (filled with hard glue) and replacement plugs were available from somewhere in the Ukraine, the last I saw. And there was no waterproof rating on the plugs offered.
I have NASA micro-miniature electronic repair training and it was a challenge to do a repair on the plug end. I have not had to attempt a repair at the headset end - yet.

Best bet is to give Garrett a call.

That happened to my blue phones last year...broken wire in the cable someplace..called Garrett, had a new pair in less than a week under warrantee..:thumbup:
Mud

There isn't too much hard glue in the connector... Mine popped out. There are two pins inside that stick into the wires at the end of the cable. I delicately added a tiny drop of solder to the wires and haven't had any further problems. Don't do anything to it unless you know what you're doing, or at the most, have an expert technician do it.

I had that happened to me and I was detecting near an airport...that was bad already, but I call Garrett and R......sty sent me a brand new one no charge, great service