Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT PRO HOW DEEP WILL IT GO

TN HUNTER

OK GUYS WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS HOW DEEP DOES IT REALY GO. I MOSTLY RELIC HUNT IN MIDDLE TENNESSEE. I DO NOT NORMILY GET IN WATER. I DO LIKE THE IDEA OF HUNTING IN SOME RAIN WITH OUT WORRY OF DAMAGING THE DETECTOR. I HAVE SEEN VIDEOS ( SEVERAL) THAT SHOW THE DEPTH OF THE PRO ONLY GETTING ABOUT 7 INCHES DEEP. SO I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM THE PEOPLE THAT OWN THEM AND USE THEM. SO PLEASE NO HYPE JUST THE PLAIN TRUTH. LOOKING TO MAYBE PURCHASE A PRO. BUT THE DEPTH THING REALLY BOTHERS ME. SO ANY HELP ON THE DEPTH SURE WOULD BE HELPFUL. THANKS

If you're talking depth as far as target ID accuracy, then I'd say 7" is cutting it close. More like 6". Now that being said, if you relic hunt, then target ID isn't that important and the AT Pro goes plenty deep. I've dug coins at an east 10" that the tone said was a coin. The tones on the AT pro are pretty darn good and accurate. By far the deepest gold detector I've ever used. Another thing I like is that even the stock coil is very sensitive to small targets. For a bigger coil that can cover a lot of ground AND hit on small targets is rare.

Probably goes as deep and HARD AS YOUR CAPS!
Turn em off dude! Very rude!

Pete

TN HUNTER said:
OK GUYS WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS HOW DEEP DOES IT REALY GO. I MOSTLY RELIC HUNT IN MIDDLE TENNESSEE. I DO NOT NORMILY GET IN WATER. I DO LIKE THE IDEA OF HUNTING IN SOME RAIN WITH OUT WORRY OF DAMAGING THE DETECTOR. I HAVE SEEN VIDEOS ( SEVERAL) THAT SHOW THE DEPTH OF THE PRO ONLY GETTING ABOUT 7 INCHES DEEP. SO I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM THE PEOPLE THAT OWN THEM AND USE THEM. SO PLEASE NO HYPE JUST THE PLAIN TRUTH. LOOKING TO MAYBE PURCHASE A PRO. BUT THE DEPTH THING REALLY BOTHERS ME. SO ANY HELP ON THE DEPTH SURE WOULD BE HELPFUL. THANKS

You're right on both counts!! ALL CAPS is like SCREAMING on the internet and it's very hard to read. As far a depth, the ATP will give you plenty. Where it really shines to me is in target seperation in the iron junk. It will pick up stuff that other detectors will flat out miss by being masked by iron. I've dug V and Buff nickles lying under square nails. THE ATP sniffed 'em out. Give me seperation over depth any day.

knightsquad said:
Probably goes as deep and HARD AS YOUR CAPS!
Turn em off dude! Very rude!

Pete

TN HUNTER said:

The deepest I have gotten here is 10 inches. A 1979 Penney in pretty wet soil. I got a audible signal, without a vdi number, while running the coil in one direction and nothing the other (a 90 degree turn). My hunting buddy got the same with his V3i and I decided to dig. He couldn't believe I dug a target that deep. I have regularly dug targets with a good audible and vdi number at 8 inches in moist soil. It;s been very dry here and the soil is either hard as a rock or turns to dust when you dig. I have been regularly finding targets with a good signal at 6 inches.

I cant give you a firm answer but I can say this...I run a couple bars below max sense and am amazed at how hard this thing hits. on deep targets, There may not be a number on the screen, but the tones are there and accurate. You can tell by the tones how deep something is..their strength and range. I catch myself saying damn...this is gonna be some hole by the time I get this target. Mind you I hunt in the water and on the sand, so digging is not too tough, but still, going after those deep tones the AtPro spits out has impressed me.
Mud

mudpuppy said:
I cant give you a firm answer but I can say this...I run a couple bars below max sense and am amazed at how hard this thing hits. on deep targets, There may not be a number on the screen, but the tones are there and accurate. You can tell by the tones how deep something is..their strength and range. I catch myself saying damn...this is gonna be some hole by the time I get this target. Mind you I hunt in the water and on the sand, so digging is not too tough, but still, going after those deep tones the AtPro spits out has impressed me.
Mud

When you hit those faint signals that dont give an ID Manually redo the Ground Balance about 5 points to the Negative and rerun the coil over the target you will be amazed at how many of those faint targets will Id Then But don't forget to recheck the Ground Balance!

I got a fiskars garden tool from walmart .its about 12inch long. I dug a chad dime. the top of it was level with ground.i find my self saying all the time I should have brought the shovel orDang this gitten like work lol.

Thanks for all the information that you guys gave on the a t pro. It helps to get information from people at own and use the detector that you are interesed in before you go and buy one. Sorry about the caps , got up late and was in a hurry. thanks again Tennessee Hunter

:lmfao: I see the comments and have to laugh a little bit. I have 3 AT-Pro's and had as many as 6 at one time. I have run the ATP since it was released. Here is the rest of the story. 6" if the ground is not to mineralized you will get audio and accurate VDI. 8"...audio and semi accurate VDI (it will be jumpy), 10"...audio and crazy VDI all over the place that you would not dig. 12"...nothing!!!! I love the ATP...but tried and true...6" is the deepest for audio and accurate VDI. Anyone wanting to challenge this can challenge it with Video proof.

All these answers are right and wrong. The depths you are hearing about are for their ground conditions not yours. Find someone in your area that has an AT. Ask him or her.
Your answer will be more accurate. In my ground, Southern California and Arizona most of my targets are less than 4 inches. That is probably pretty common for most every where if the truth be told. Now relic hunting is probably a little different, but not much. I'm a coin and jewelry hunter. Relics are usually bigger targets with more mass. They may read better than coins at greater depths. I just hunted all the way from California to Illinois and back again. I found less that 4" to hold true concerning depth. Once in a while something will be a tad deeper, but very rarely.

I have one of most all the high end detectors. Whites DFX, MXT, Minelab Excalibur 1000, CTX 3030, Fisher gold bug II and the AT Pro. The AT Pro is the best detector for the money for what I do, in the detector marketplace today. It's not a CTX 3030, it's not an MXT. It is the most powerful, easy to use, easy to learn metal detector for the money spnt.

Need I say more?

Buy one from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies. Great service, great price, guaranteed.

Garrett service is on a par with Whites if you ever need it.

Thanks for reading--------------------------Good Luck-------------------Happy Hunting