Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT PRO IN SALT WATER ?

jimmy jam

A waterproof ACE is awesome, but how will it do in the salt water without having multiple frequency ???? I would think that it would be just like the ACE 250 were you would have to turn the sens. way down to stabilize it, (if you can even get it stabilized!) most the time i could not even touch the salt water without it freaking out. We all know that when we turn the sens. down we lose depth! I GUESS IF THEY ADDED MULTIPLE FREQUENCIES, White's and Minelab would have to lower their prices to compete.

wont know till it comes out.........But...... I have never seen a single frequency detector do Depth wonders in wet salt sand

And you need all the Depth you got.......... For that type of hunting ...... Hint....... (PI) ..........As with some other Single frequency detectors it should be a killer fresh water Hunter.

Thanks, i have a MKII PI and also a DFX, but i feel my ACE out performs any of these detectors on dry sand. I feel that one of the best features of the ace, was that i didn't have to mess around with all the crap, i could just turn it on and spend more time hunting, then second guessing my settings and still feel confident i was getting every target !

Over here in Southern California the salt and black sands beach's are for the serious PI Hunters

I Just don't have The time to do the PI thing ............But I clean up on all The Loot on the dry sand - towel line part of the beach's

Yeah that's the problem with many of those tectors, too much crap to fiddle with all the time, like the V3, a video game on a stick. That's one good thing about Garrett, simple to operate and one doesn't have to spend forever fiddling with menus and settings of all kinds. I'm sure the AT PRO will follow that same theme.

Bill

:rofl:"... the V3, a video game on a stick" Thats funny.
I think the V3 must appeal to a certain kind of mind set, someone who likes
technical stuff. Personally I'd like to see the MXT, the MXT Pro and the V3 have
a contest and see if the V3 really does any better. I'm skeptical. BUT to do such a contest
the people using the machines ought to be well seasoned and know their machines in and out.
Peraonally, I would not spend my money on something as high tech as the V3. I just don't believe its any
better than the other mid to high end detectors out there.
Katz

I'll be hunting with the ATPro in november on padre island texas. Should be a good challenge for it as I will be hunting battlefields with historical societys,and the beach and surf as well. All of the hunts will be filmed and put on you tube :thumbup: