Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro In Salt Water

Run it without the coil cover in the water, as it will false a lot if sand and saltwater get trapped in there. It will also false if swinging in the rapid moving surf, but out a bit deeper it will run stable. I just ran mine at Myrtle Beach SC last weekend, and it worked fine. I was running 1 bar from max sensitivity most of the time, near the pier, I had to drop one more due to some emi. I was able to get several targets that were at least 8 inches deep in the wet sand.

There are a lot of suggestions on adjusting the ATPRO to work in salt water on this website (as well as the Garrett website) that can help you tune your machine to detect in salt water, Just look at the older posts...

I do not like the idea of taking off the coil cover, as it can cause damage to the coil if it hits hard structures. (trust me... you cannot see many of the rocks when you are fighting waves)

After every hunt remove the coil cover and rinse out the sand & salt as soon as possible. The sand/salt is not good for any metal detector.

The ATPRO is my go-to machine in the dry sand :beers:

The AT Pro is great for land hunting, including dry sand. AT Pro in salt water? The AT Pro is great for land hunting, including dry sand.

firstring said:
The AT Pro is great for land hunting, including dry sand. AT Pro in salt water? The AT Pro is great for land hunting, including dry sand.

now, now, now, lets not forget fresh water....

It depends on the sand your hunting. Southern NJ, no problem. Just keep on top of your GB. DISC at 35, and turn down the SENS as a last resort to stop chatter.
Beaches loaded with black sand will make the ATP useless.

I would suggest an ML Sovereign (any model). Great beach sweepers.