Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

At pro in saltwater

stick

Has anyone used the at pro in saltwater along the gulf coast? What kind of results did you have? Did the detector perform like you had hoped?

I'm talking about the AT Pro. On the Gulf coast. Really good on the dry. Not bad at all on most wet sand. Some to be desired while wading. So I bought a Infinium for that.

My experience is the same as Dancer's. The A T is fairly noisy from the wet sand into the water. Try and get a real low g b. The dry sand is just like turf, Good luck! HH jim tn

Thanks for the info. I've been using an ace 250 for over 10 years, off and on. One heck of a detector for the price. Actually found a few rings in the wet sand with it. Decided to upgrade to be able to detect in the water too. Was hoping the atpro would be the best of both worlds, land and sea. I'm sure it will be enough of an improvement over the 250 that I'll be happy with it for a few years.

extract from a Field Test report:

"I had already taken the AT Pro International for a quick run at the beach to see how it would cope with the wet sand and other things? It had done exceptionally well.
So at a regular test beach the last spring tide presented a late opportunity to get out further than I was used to. As it happened the tide didn’t drop that much and the sand was too soft and as it was a glorious day I gave it a few hours.
Ground Balancing (beach balancing) was easy at full sensitivity in Pro Custom.
My final GB number was 14 and I rebalanced several times as I walked the vast sand flats. Rogue waves travelled in several times and the detector sounded off when it detected the fast moving water beneath the coil as it also did when the coil hit large brown seaweed that had come in on an overnight storm.
Occasionally the Target ID 39 would flash on with an accompanying noise to indicate a false signal but these were rare.
When signals were heard they were what I can only describe as ‘sharp’.
No coins or rings but plenty of tops and ends from cans some which had been deep.

Up on the dry sands it whizzed along and picked off many small euro coins that had been missed by others perhaps using a bit more discrimination than I.
When I referred earlier to the AT Pro being my best shot for a long time in finding a gold item it didn’t disappoint. Early one Monday morning I left the mobile home park and walked onto the pristine beach and began scanning the white sands.
‘Umpteen’ signals into the hunt, many from beer bottle tops and coins a clear bell tone produced ’57’ on the Target ID. Chasing the target with the pin pointer became futile as the target eluded me slipping through the dry sand so I used my hand to feel for the find and on a third grab felt something heavy in my hand. I looked at the most gorgeous ring I had found in quite a while and on closer inspection appeared to be of a higher carat than your typical 9ct band. Attempts are ongoing to trace the owner but if it’s not claimed within a year and a day then it becomes my property. (It’s currently with the local police)
On the dry sands I found the AT Pro International to be best in STD Custom with Iron Audio on to help making fast decisions on those aforementioned beer crown caps. The audio became scratchy and I was able to positively identify them. © Desi Dunne

Des D said:
extract from a Field Test report:

"I had already taken the AT Pro International for a quick run at the beach to see how it would cope with the wet sand and other things? It had done exceptionally well.
So at a regular test beach the last spring tide presented a late opportunity to get out further than I was used to. As it happened the tide didn’t drop that much and the sand was too soft and as it was a glorious day I gave it a few hours.
Ground Balancing (beach balancing) was easy at full sensitivity in Pro Custom.
My final GB number was 14 and I rebalanced several times as I walked the vast sand flats. Rogue waves travelled in several times and the detector sounded off when it detected the fast moving water beneath the coil as it also did when the coil hit large brown seaweed that had come in on an overnight storm.
Occasionally the Target ID 39 would flash on with an accompanying noise to indicate a false signal but these were rare.
When signals were heard they were what I can only describe as ‘sharp’.
No coins or rings but plenty of tops and ends from cans some which had been deep.

Up on the dry sands it whizzed along and picked off many small euro coins that had been missed by others perhaps using a bit more discrimination than I.
When I referred earlier to the AT Pro being my best shot for a long time in finding a gold item it didn’t disappoint. Early one Monday morning I left the mobile home park and walked onto the pristine beach and began scanning the white sands.
‘Umpteen’ signals into the hunt, many from beer bottle tops and coins a clear bell tone produced ’57’ on the Target ID. Chasing the target with the pin pointer became futile as the target eluded me slipping through the dry sand so I used my hand to feel for the find and on a third grab felt something heavy in my hand. I looked at the most gorgeous ring I had found in quite a while and on closer inspection appeared to be of a higher carat than your typical 9ct band. Attempts are ongoing to trace the owner but if it’s not claimed within a year and a day then it becomes my property. (It’s currently with the local police)
On the dry sands I found the AT Pro International to be best in STD Custom with Iron Audio on to help making fast decisions on those aforementioned beer crown caps. The audio became scratchy and I was able to positively identify them. © Desi Dunne

Does the AT Pro threshold run smooth or chatters in the salt wet sand ? does it help to lower the GB manually in salt wet sand ? & how about the sensitivity does it help to lower it or do you loose depth by doing so....thinking about buying a used AT Pro for salt beach hunting but I will not be wading just wet/dry sand only to the waters edge..... Thanks...Tab.

"In order to run right, Sens should be lowish anyway... set to the point when the it stops warbling.
Beaches have various saline levels and all I can tell you is keep experimenting.
The AT is plenty loud and you will know when you hit something.
Watch the numbers and dig positive two-way hits. Wear headphones around surf."
Good Hunting
DD

Des D said:
"In order to run right, Sens should be lowish anyway... set to the point when the it stops warbling.
Beaches have various saline levels and all I can tell you is keep experimenting.
The AT is plenty loud and you will know when you hit something.
Watch the numbers and dig positive two-way hits. Wear headphones around surf."
Good Hunting
DD

DD...which mode gives you the most depth std or pro....?????...Thanks...Tab.