Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

At Pro Iron Audio

Jerry-Wi

Just getting into the third month of actual use with the At Pro after sitting all winter long just reading about it. I started out using Pro Custom Mode with Disc of 35 and Iron Audio turned on. This was the recommended setting but it seemed to me that I was getting more mid tones than anything so I moved to Pro Zero with 00 Disc and left Iron Audio turned off. This sets the break points for low, mid and high tones at 40 and 75 which I like. After several weeks hunting this way I found that I was missing that rapid fire chatter that I used to hear. So this time I went back to Custom Mode and set Disc at 40 and turned the Iron Audio on. Now I hear everything!

I am still learning what the At Pro is trying to tell me and am not advocating one way or the other as being better methods.

Lately several people have been hunting a small patch less than the size of an old city lot for silver coins. I have had a lot of luck and so far have managed to tease six silvers out of all of the iron trash. The At Pro has an amazing ability to sift through all of the trash and find things!

Back to the subject of this posting, At Pro Iron Audio. Much of this area has ground where the detector with give a constant hum or chatter with the Iron Audio turned on. I suspect it is from the mineralization, or just very fine iron rust that the At Pro is still hearing. Sometimes you can go for five or ten feet with a constant background hum and walk out of it and all is quiet while swinging except for an occasional target.

Yesterday I did a little experiment for that what it is worth department. I found one of those areas where there was a constant background hum while swinging and no distinct targets and stopped dead in my tracks. I switched from Custom Mode, Disc 40, Iron Audio on to Zero Mode,00 Disc, Iron Audio off and swung over the exact same ground as close as I could. What happen surprised me. The detector will give a solid Mid Tone beep at one or two locations every time. Switching back to Custom
Mode settings and it was just the background hum with no target.

What I think is happening here is the software with the Iron Audio turned off is aggregating all that hum into a mid range id tone. Or something like that :)

I need to repeat this and pay more attention to the VDI reading on these 'targets' but I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed anything similar. Also need to check the STD Mode. The only reason I am using the Custom Mode is it retains the settings. Otherwise the same test could be done in the Zero Mode by moving Disc from 00 to 40 but I am too lazy to push the button that many times :)

This is getting pretty long winded so will end it here and go do some more swinging. :)

Jerry

Hey Jerry, I like you am also new to the at pro had it going on a couple months now and have tested diff settings.
I guess there's not really a right or wrong it's what works best for you. I tried running with the iron audio on and really don't care for it so now I just switch it on occassionally after I have found a target to maybe get a better reading.
I'll also stand by and see what replies you get as I'm interested to and I'm not to proud at all to try something diff to see if it works for me as well.