Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

at pro issues

Illinoismic

So my brother has an at pro bought from kellyco. Last year he had issues with the detector just shutting off, replaced with brand new Duracell battery and it went away for the most part. Now tho he is saying the detector is going off with nothing near the coil and if he goes over a pop can it goes nuts and freezes with every "light" on the display illuminated. Any ideas for a fix or is it shot and needs to purchase a new detector or send it in for repair?

Call Garrett and explain the issues. They are great to deal with and will take care of the situation. HH jim tn

I am having the same problem with my AT Pro. First day out today in a month and the detector started going haywire after about 10 mins. Could hold the detector up in the air and the VDI was going off like the showcase wheel on a game show. After a brief rest the detector leveled out and I found one coin. Then the problem repeated itself so I let the detector rest again. When I turned the detector back on the display was on, I could change modes but the coil was not picking up a clad 1/2 dollar I just found. Changed coils nothing. Soon as I come home from another failed detecting trip it works fine. Now this AT Pro has been sent back to Garrett last year for the same problem. I called to check on the status and the nice man on the phone said the control box had been pm'd. Seems to me the detector is having problems beyond being dirty. Anyone know if a refund or a replacement detector can be obtained? I have spent too much time this winter researching, planning and begging for locations to only detect them for 10 mins. Real pissed about this issue. Sorry if I have insulted anyone with this post.

Ok so I see that it's more then I had. Mine shut off now and then and would not turn back on until I took out the battery holder and put back in and it ran fine. This happen now and then. So I called Garretts and they sent me a battery holder. Ever since then I never had any issues . I would do a reset on the machine and if that does not help , then make the call . Good luck , hope you can get it worked out. GS

I don't know how tight the voltage used is on garret machines. He did say that he only started getting the issue and problems when he switched to a rechargeable battery, and I know some AA rechargeable batteries are more then the standard 1.5volts or whatever they are.. I'm thinking this is the issue. Just didn't know if it would cause the sporadic actions or not

I changed the batteries out twice, from month new old batteries to just bought yesterday batteries. I don't use rechargeable batteries so these are the silver, bunny batteries. I'll try re-seating the battery holder today to see if that helps. When the detector is having these problems it is eerily similar to the falsing that the pinpointer from the same company does from time to time. What was different this time opposed to the other times was that the control box would turn on but neither coil would not ready anything. So the problem went from haywire, rapid VDI #s & tones to just nothing. I packed everything up and went home. When I walked through the front door of the house the detector seemed to be working fine. I am going out again today and will update the results. I am still going to call Garrett regardless. Good luck to you.

You really need to be careful when buying replacement battery holders for the AT Pro. I bought 2 spares off ebay last year and they would only work intermittently. Come to find out the replacements were about 1/16" shorter than the stock one. Ordered 2 new ones from garrett and no more issues.

So garret told my brother to do a hard reset... with the unit off hold the power button for several seconds until a series of beeps and the display flashes... it worked so if you have this problem there may be your solution

That reset procedure is good to know,

thanks