Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro just arrived

My first post as a new member. My new AT Pro arrived last night. Now, if it will just stop raining......at least, the ground will be easier to dig.
Where do I go to update my profile?
I'm still pretty new at detecting. My other detector was over 20 years old, and I found mostly clad coins and junk, so I'm excited about
using the AT Pro. Looks like detectors have progressed a long way in 20 years. I may never have to dig another bottle cap?

If your other detector was over 20 years old, welcome to the millenium! I bet you are going to love this detector. Once you get used to it, you will be able to dig some nice deep relics, coins, jewellery etc. And ID those pesky bottle caps for others to discover by digging them up. :) To update your profile, open your post and click on control center besise "Welcome cyberfish2"

cyberfish2 said:
My first post as a new member. My new AT Pro arrived last night. Now, if it will just stop raining......at least, the ground will be easier to dig.
Yes, the almost unending rain at times can sure get depressing. Better than the frozen zones, however, it is easy digging when the rain stops. :thumbup:

cyberfish2 said:
I'm still pretty new at detecting. My other detector was over 20 years old, and I found mostly clad coins and junk, so I'm excited about
using the AT Pro. Looks like detectors have progressed a long way in 20 years.
You didn't mention what 20 year old detector you had but that was only 1990-ish and we had a lot of good detectors then that can hold their own today. Yes, we have progressed in many ways, but all the advancements haven't resulted in overall improvement in performance. Some, certainly, but at times with trade-offs. A lot depends upon the detector you used before and then use today, the sites selected and settings used.

We used to have a lot of detectors (most) that relied on a good, modulated audio which provided us with better depth, overall target resolution and some good audio qualities. Then, many went the way of the more saturated audio (like the Ace 250 and most Garrett's of recent production) as well as quite a few manufacturers, at least with some of their models. Then there have been those that provided us with the better-quality modulated audio, and with the AT Proportional Audio Garrett is catching up. I think many avid detectorists will find this one improvement the best. Some who like the Standard audio wit the saturated response won't but they'll miss out on some of the better benefits.

cyberfish2 said:
I may never have to dig another bottle cap?
I like your sense of humor on this one! :rofl: :rant: :surrender: :rofl:

Monte

It's waterproof, but I'm not. I take a lesson from the cats: curl up in front of the fireplace when it's cold and wet and windy.
Also, here is a copy of my email to Garrett customer service, and their reply:

"The waterproof earphone connector on the AT Pro is unique. Come Summer, the supplied earphones will be hot. Any plans to address this issue?"

Garretts reply: "The AT Pro has an external speaker where you don

When it gets real hot I will use some light weight phones from an mp3 player. Not the same as good headphones, but much cooler. I do not like ear buds but that is just me.

Jerry