Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro Make Over

I hate the small upper rod on the AT and I hate that Garrett doesn't use camlocks. So, decided to make a new rod out of a Prizm 6 rod. Also cut the headphone and installed my own jack as I love my Killer B Wasp :) and installed an Anderson stand.

Nice modifications, I've been thinking of how to convert my AT PRO to shaft locks. Great ideas and thanks for posting.

HH

I just drilled the extra hole in the upper arm rod to get the arm cuff closer to my elbow. Wow, what an easy improvement. Just that extra inch made all the difference..."that's what she said"

Thanks go out to this forum. What a great, easy idea. By the way, I used a 3/8" drill bit, after first drilling a small pilot hole. Almost bought the Gizmo, but this little tweak will do it.

Thanks again

Looks good. And might just do the same with the arm rest on mine tomorrow. Like yours it feels just too short...and an extra inch or so back will make a difference I am sure.

This is exactly what I would do if I were to get a AT Pro. It would solve 80% of the problems I have with it. You can also get a "Space Saver" rod kit from Whites, P/N 802-5236.. $39.95. Since the rod is a standard 7/8 size, the AT Pro lower shaft and arm cuff assembly would work also.....

Sure, just have to drill for the head to mount, you should be able to use your lower rod for the AT coil..........

gregp said:
So if I order this kit from whites I can bolt my AT PRO and coils onto it?

All you would need would be 3 White's washers for the rod and one of their bolts. You would have to drill the holes of course to mount the box.