Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro observations

I'm laying in bed at 4am, wide awake, thinking I should be out detecting, but it's still too dark. Anybody ever do a night hunt? Sober?
Anyway, I got wondering about stacked signals. Trash on top, coin underneath, etc.
I do some testing in the garage, so as not to arouse Thunderwoman, who thinks my obsessive/compulsive detecting habits are, well, a waste of time.
I have a bunch of samples, glued to poker chips. I used these in a detector plot, but dug 'em up to use in these "air" tests.
[attachment 242935 IMG_4538.JPG]
I set up two waste baskets, 10 inches, and 12 inches, upside down, so I could stack some samples a couple inches apart. It is a good way to test numerous combinations.
I set the detector to read in Pro mode, Zero discrimination.
One thing that stood out about steel bottle caps is that the low-high-low chirp stands out better if the cap is forward, or backwards, of the center of the DD coil. In the center, it gives a high tone, dig this, signal. Might be useful info for those who don't already know.
I did the nail on top, ring on the bottom combo. The reading was 24, but the tone was mid-range, so I'm learning to pay more attention to the sound than the numbers. Once I removed the nail, the number went to 80, with a high tone.

thaks for you job!
So yeah, I do hunt at night. Only when I go to the fields of the village and there is good weather, stars and moon. Are prairie fields, unobstructed, very nice balance. Without people to look indiscreetly or wheel you have questions. When I leave, I notice the lack of lighting on the display, guided me very well by the sound, and see the numbers saves I make some hole. I really like night hunting.
In the city, people get scared if you see at night with a flashlight in the park and tells the cops with the following problem.
a greeting

You bet! A water hunt at 22:00 to 02:00, wearing a miners hat too! Lots of fun :lol: I have often hunted after work when working afternoons, and gotten some nice silver.

Sounds like we could be married to sisters! :rofl: Night hunting is pretty easy if its on a beach or in the winter on a sledding hill, (John-Edmonton got us all going on that a few years back) you dont really even need a light, you can feel whats in the scoop. And very early am or night is probably the best time to hunt a beach anyway..I tried night hunting on the dirt once, it was weird how sharp your pinpointing skills can get if you are stabbing targets with a screwdriver, but it took a lot of concentration and was slower going than in the light..that being said, this is a hobby I think a fellow could do pretty good at even if they were blind, since its more auditory than visual anyway. I'm gonna hit a popular beach tomorrow am around 4:30 and be gone by sun-up. Nice job on the mixed signals, multidenom stacks and spills can give a trashy response, heck a stack of 3 nickles or even 2 Q's give non-standard TIDS...let alone a tight spill of pennys and Q's and whatnot...good to practice on for sure.:clapping:
Mud